Cost to fix (fuel pump or fuel pump relay)

lunatick1, Feb 24, 3:09am
mine has died today in my 97 nissan, does anyone have an idea how much it may cost to fix either the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay (they arent quite sure which it is yet)

johnf_456, Feb 24, 3:24am
Whos not sure, they don't sound very knowledgeable.

lunatick1, Feb 24, 3:44am
at the time i rang they had finished checking other things. eg starter, but believe it could be one or the other (topic) problems. if it either 1 just trying to get a rough idea the cost to fix :/

mrfxit, Feb 24, 4:31am
Not always easy to find out
We had a situation where the car was fine with cold & normal driving, even over long distance, but would fart/ belch & miss fire only when stinking hot such as driving fast up a very steep hill .

Turned out it was the fuel pump overheating & breaking down under extreme load (not a pretty thought when considering it was an "in tank" pump)

mrfxit, Feb 24, 4:32am
97 Nissan WHAT!

lunatick1, Feb 24, 4:33am
it turns out it is the fuel pump, any idea on the cost of a 2nd hand one!

intrade, Feb 24, 7:33pm
i was quoted for mazda capella 98 model 440$ for fuel-pump ex japan. nissan prices areno better for geniuen. wanted a timingbelt for nissan only the belt lol 210$ and non in nz ex japan.supersheep auto same belt 30$ and that is where to buy your fuelpump from also you just have to remove it out of the tank and see what is fitted thick thin long or short costs about 250$.
I got a spear stuby one here that is for nissan.

intrade, May 23, 11:46am
reason why the pumps pack up is
You run out of fuel takes 30 secounds for a pump to smoke when it runs dry.
loadsfry the pump that capella did it vw passat early 90s It is far cheaper to put fuel in a tank before its dry then to walk anyway after.
ps this is for petrol cars