Help please.. Have a 1998 impreza sitting out the front was hubbys and he has finally said we can sell itso it failed its last w

superstitious, Jan 8, 11:53pm
have a 1998 Impreza sitting out the front. was hubbys and he has finally said we can sell it.
So. it failed its last warrant dec 2010, rego was till june 2011.
I am thinking it will be best to sell for parts, or should i fork out the $150odd owing for rego and get it up to date, then sell as is where is regarding warrant.

due to having another car already we really dont need this. how much do you think it would be worth!

michael.benn, Jan 8, 11:56pm
What did it fail on!

curlcrown, Jan 8, 11:57pm
You wont be able to update the rego without the W.O.F. What did if fail the W.O.F. on!

tgray, Jan 9, 12:01am
What ever you do, don't ring up the many wreckers that take it away for you.
A friend was offered $400 for her 98 oddessey. I sold it for $3750

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 9, 12:17am
But you can place it on exemption and pay the outstanding balance to that point.

superstitious, Jan 9, 12:17am
failed the wof on quite a few things. i think the sheet is still in the car somewhere.

talked to VTNZ and he seemed to think it would be easy to back pay the rego without the wof.
am not clued up on the selling of vehicles lol.

alan1111, Jan 9, 1:12am
Put rego on hold and sell it. Be honest and tell who ever looks at it what it failed on. Then use the money to pay oustanding balance on car rego.
You should still have dollars left after doing all that.

kazbanz, Jan 9, 2:00am
OP --In my opinion. Go to VTNZ etc. Pay the back rego and put the rego on hold. THEN advertise the car for sale giving full disclosure of the wof fail and exactly what for.
--That said I'd suggest grabbing the list and posting on here what it says.--I and others can offer you advise as to if its better financially to fix it otr to sell as is

msigg, Jan 9, 5:35am
You are still going to have to pay the rego up untill the time you put it on hold anyway.