99 mazda capella opinions

bigfatmat1, Feb 24, 5:44am
Mate was looking at one of these. I have had very little to do with them. Anything to look out for common mechanical problems.! Is the price ok! TIA

franc123, Feb 24, 6:41am
they're an absolute snoozemobile but very reliable, as with most Mazdas they don't like neglect of the cooling systems and running it too long with a mostly blocked radiator will cost, quickly leads to overheating and blown gaskets/soft cylinder heads that you can't use again.Can be picked up pretty cheap being a bit of a neglected model in the marketplace, most people are looking for Atenza/Mazda6 models these days.

ct9a, Feb 24, 7:42pm
what a good buy!

casper35, Feb 25, 8:24am
Awesome cars we had one up till last yeara 99 model had for 3 years no trouble at all, heaps of room in the back when you take the family away.Only sold it as i needed to get a bigger car so i could get a caravan.

bigfatmat1, Feb 26, 8:33am
Went and had a look at car oil below the low mark on the dipstick, sludge under the oil cap no visible water in radiator or in the expansion bottle a bad vibration from the under the car under hard acceleration. If I was selling a car I would at least make sure the oil and water were at level.

joeinwellington, Feb 26, 8:52am
Mines done 318,000 km and still going strong, only ever had cooling system issues, and regular maintenance

franc123, Feb 26, 8:52am
Plenty more of them about Mat, thats exactly the sort of example you should avoid.By the sound of that its possibly already got head problems.

intrade, May 30, 4:05am
mazda are not my faforit car here is why. they do have loads of automatic models with poor gearboxes. my automatic trans place told me some arebetter then others. a client has a 98 capella Sw and its auto trans has made slight problems before i serviced it. this model the client has also neededband adjusting inside the box and i done this with my autotrans rebuilders instructions. it is why i also trust him to tell me the truth about transmissions and ps . he said mitsubishi have the worst trans of any car.