Mazda Capella

jan423, Apr 6, 5:51am
I have a Mazda Capella Station Wagon 1997 and have to have the transmission replaced. My question is why is it so darn hard to find another one?
At the moment it is up at Takanini at the Mechanics and as of Thursday last week they still hadn't found one.

gragra1, Apr 6, 6:06am
Manual or auto? Listing#868103908

franc123, Apr 6, 6:06am
That's easy, the vehicles age and the fact autos were not a strong point with them, made worse by people thinking that servicing isn't necessary. You are in a queue with others who want one too.

jan423, Apr 6, 6:57am
It is Auto and was told it is because my car is a 4 wheeled drive, don't know how true that is.

intrade, Apr 6, 8:45am
because mazda build there cars with what ever is on special that week they run out of parts during the assembly of vehicles.
or at least thats what you would think . i posted on other threads about mazda parts nightmares

intrade, Apr 6, 8:49am
i would never fit a secoundhand gearbox to any of my clients cars i would tell em to rebuild or crush the car. and i would say you should bin it while your ahead you dont even get a 1 year wof.
scrap it and get a 2000 year toyota station wagon with the old fe engine 4 cilinder

jan423, Apr 6, 9:19am
Why should I scrap it? the car is in excellent condition inside and out, have just had cambelt done on it, steering wheel belt, cv joints done also. Has not done high km's, plus I cannot afford to buy another car.

intrade, Apr 6, 9:27am
then get the transmission professionally rebuilt. putting another unserviced gearbox in to it is like flushing money down the drain.
use a professional automatic transmission rebuild place who only does auto trans for there business

jan423, Apr 6, 9:34am
Thanks for that. Do you know if it would cost more to have the transmission rebuilt?

intrade, Mar 26, 5:43am
get quotes from different transmission rebuilders i would say it cost more 2500$ is about the absolut minimum cost that i know off upwards