Estima

Page 2 / 2
pauloc, Feb 26, 8:15am
I hope you paid tax on these accident damaged VW's you bring in Jazz or are you just an unlicenced tax dodger,
I am sure you would have declared it to any purchaser as well

thejazzpianoma, Feb 26, 8:16am
No tax, they were my personal vehicles until sold some time later. Next purchaser was informed and given before repair photos.

Anyone else like to have a go with the personal attacks!

pauloc, Feb 26, 8:27am
Having spent a day digging earthquake matter, always amusing to log on to this message board ( Whilst being relieved that under 4% of trademe users read them) and reading the ramblings of some bearded, roman sandal wearing freak with such a bias i suspect you are an employee of VW.
I repeat I find it amusing and hope that you realise that most Toyota owners are driving their cars rather than reading the nonsense you put out. But feel free to continue for my own private amusement .
Good luck to anyone who follows your advice,

bigfatmat1, Feb 26, 8:45am
I fixed a headlight on one of these $5380

ianalice1, Feb 27, 4:13am
Ho hum, seems once again when I start a thread, I open a can of worms. You would think I learn, not to.

pauloc, Feb 27, 4:22am
I thought it most entertaining, Humour is lacking here currently

intrade, Feb 27, 6:34am
well buy a toyota that is not a heap. v6 are heaps also just to warn you.
4 cilinder petrol is your best bet on toyota engines.

ianalice1, Feb 27, 8:22am
Thanks, wasn't to keen on a 3.5 motor. Petrol to damned dear. Had a few Toyota's over the 40 odd years I've been driving. Never had a major with them.

cocabowla, Feb 27, 9:36am
Go figure, thats not surprising when it probably weighs 4 times or more what a punto does .
you prey on the unknowledgable in here badgying all sorts of figures but very seldom back them up with any proof.

mugenb20b, Feb 27, 9:43am
So, how much would that be! 9.8 litres per 100km. That's not bad.

craig04, Feb 27, 5:27pm
Yet strangely enough, you yourself refer to all other cars (American aside) as "asian product"
BTW, isn't the Cross Touran a front wheel drive like the Cross Polo etc!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 28, 6:10am
Fair call. I use it in context though. If you are talking about "Asian Diesels" of a few years old then they are all in the same boat as common rail technology was very late coming due to emissions rules in Japan.

Likewise other fairly safe generalisations are pricing for "asian cars" in NZ just as you can generalise on pricing for "european cars" in NZ.

What you shouldn't be doing is saying things like "all european cars cost more to maintain" or "all european cars are unreliable" or "all mitsubishi's break" or "all Toyota's are reliable". Do you get the difference! One refers to a tangible, quantifiable feature of the group. The other is an unquantifiable generalisation.

Another safe example is "Cars with DSG" vs Asian cars (of a price and age group) because Skoda, Seat, VW, Audi all use DSG and as far as I am aware when talking about 5 year old cars there are no Asian brands with a DSG equivilent. (Althought that is changing pretty much as we speak)

BTW, I am happy to be proven wrong on this but as far as I am aware there are Tourans available with 4motion in some markets (But none here as far as I am aware) so you are on the right track. While the Touran Cross looks 4WDish the ones we get here are 2WD.

Unfortunatly though, when looking at some websites of stats those markets come into play. Also, with the likes of "the reliability index" the new versions with self parking are included with the old. I think that explains why the Golf transmissions ratings are excellent but the Touran transmission ratings are less so. even though its the same transmission! (On the first gen ones as discussed here anyway)

For all the haters getting excited about things. I am not saying the Estima is terrible at all, I am saying the Touran is much more suitable though. Which given the criteria for economy, resale etc it clearly is notably ahead. There are plenty on here who like the MK5 Golf so why they don't like it with a higher roof and an extra seat escapes me!!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 28, 6:19am
No need to back them up with proof. Go look at carfolio or a similar website and see for yourself if you doubt me.
I used the Punto as an example because I knew the 0-100 times off the top of my head. I could say my 1600cc petrol Multipla is about the same if you prefer!

In very rough terms (note I said very rough) expect the vehicle in question to use about 25% more fuel yet be 25% Slower to accalerate than the Touran. Is that easy to understand!

Or perhaps 0-100 in the 9 point something range vs the 12 point something range (slight variation depends on transmission, year etc)

Or, you could say assuming the OP does the typical average running for a Kiwi car (being about 15'000km a year) thats about $15 a week. Not a huge amount but that takes a couple of Gold Card Holders to the movies every fortnight and probably covers an icecream each as well!

You are welcome to site some other comparisons you find more favorable if you wish.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 28, 6:23am
Don't worry, I am having a good chuckle. its great to get the euro stirring stick out! That aside though what I am saying is correct and I do think the Touran much more suitable for the purpose.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 28, 6:26am
No its not terrible, but it is 25% more than the Touran (being the other vehicle being considered) and you are not getting the accaleration etc you would perhaps expect for that fuel consumption i.e the 200KW of the Falcon. And yes I am aware that there are reasons for the i.e weight etc. but the Touran still gives you notably better economy and power and does the same job for the OP

thejazzpianoma, Feb 28, 6:34am
Anyhow, how about some real responses for the positives of the Estima and the Pressage instead of personal attacks.

The Touran is:

Cheaper to run
Has more zip
Is smoother and quieter up hills
Is an ideal size for the OP, plenty of room for the job but still quite little to manouver.

What are the advantages of the other two!
(How about sometihng tangible and verifiable like I have posted, not "oh it wont break" or other such nonsense)

Sweet, that should have wound the spring up a bit again. time to put er down and watch er go!

craig04, Feb 28, 6:50am
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the Touran and would actually consider buying a Mk5 Golf if I was in the market for a new car. But since We own a Corolla (and all Toyota's are reliable) this won't be happening for some time.
I do remember the OP's previous thread and them mentioning economy as a consideration, but find it interesting that they are asking opinions on a $43k 3.5 V6 van. Bit of a contradiction.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 28, 6:53am
Yes I don't follow the $43K idea either. fuel economy is going to be a non-issue if they go with that and its associated depreciation!

I wasn't poking at you BTW Craig, you actually know how to debate and raise decent points that are quantifiable, sensible and relivant. unless of course you are taking the piss. or the horse truck as the case may be!

Also. Corolla's are reliable (at least the few I have owned have been) but I wouldn't stretch that to include MK1 Estima's, Several Toyota Diesels etc ( suspect I have fallen into your trap of "taking the piss" here again!)

craig04, Feb 28, 6:58am
I know you weren't poking at me (but it's ok if you were - all in good fun eh!). I was just getting my wooden spoon out for a gentle stir. I've been having withdrawal symptoms.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 3, 1:56am
Absolutly all in good fun!
Go on get your big spoon out! Sadly I have to run now or I would go and start a thread on somthing to keep you unboard!
Have a great night