Fuel pump on a 1994 Toyota Sprinter, Where?

dasfi, Feb 27, 8:00am
Car wont start, pulled out spark plugs and poured fuel into cylenders and it fired up, removed fuel line at engine bay and dry nothing comming out, Guessing its the fuel pump, Anyone know where fuel pump is!
Is it under rear seat!

phillip.weston, Feb 27, 8:02am
fuel pump is in the tank, I think you can gain access to it through an inspection plate under the rear seat.

dasfi, Feb 27, 8:18am
Sweet as its a toyota sprinter, which is pretty much a corolla, engine is a 5a FE, will all corollas with a 5a FE have same fuel pump!

ola_bitchola1, Feb 27, 8:36am
i think the access under the seat is for the fuel tank sender i think you have to drop the tank out to get to the pump in the tank

ema1, Feb 27, 8:43am
Should do, ie on the same models of em they will.

intrade, Feb 27, 7:39pm
look under car if fueltank is under rear seat usually is then you remove rear seats and open a round metal plate under there is usually the acess to the fueltank gague and fuel pump assembly. pull it out and find out what is fitted. supersheep auto stock the cheapest fuel-pump units.
Reason why it packed up is usually you let it run out of fuel these fry them selfs about 30 secound of dry running. I showed a client once with one that had just interittend broken with a hammer tap it fired up showed him the smoke signal at 35 secounds out of the old pump.

intrade, Feb 27, 7:40pm
fuel tank assy and pumps are usually the same clump be 2 set of plugs on top of assy 1 for sender other for pump

ola_bitchola1, Jun 2, 5:42pm
not allways the ae92 they didnt thought it may be the same with the ae101