Expired Driver License - $400 fine

Page 4 / 4
pollymay, Feb 23, 11:07am
LOL, easy. Hand us a tui will you! The amount of rubbish they knock people back on and amount they charge for ACC etc. Looking at it from a view of economics it almost makes sense to not rego or warrent with the prices they charge. I drove an truck for a while and they beat me down so much I sold it and bought a trailer and extra tow vehicle instead, I have 2 trailers and warrent and rego under the same plate because it's easier, I'm quite capable of taking care of my own safety concerns. Society has to be flexible to all the types of morons and smarter people that operate within it, yet they take things to the lowest level and assume no one else could know any better, farging annoying as hell.

directorylist, Feb 23, 11:48am
why is it unreasonable to expect people to remember you need a license, your car needs a license and your car needs a 6 monthly inspection!

pollymay, Feb 23, 12:01pm
Because the fine for it is huge compared to other major offences. Do you honestly on a regular basis amongst other life duties actually check the date on your licence! If you do then you aren't busy enough with life, there is enough to remember day to day let alone after 10 years.

Also they are keen to get rego so they send out reminders ASAP.

smac, Feb 23, 7:18pm
Ha! I gave you more credit than that.my mistake.

leehay01, Feb 23, 7:25pm
Our legal system is all up the shitter! I watch police 10/7 and people get less for real offences, what a pile of bullshit this is, grrr makes me so mad.

im_andrew, Feb 23, 11:14pm
Nah, wasnt me.

smac, Feb 24, 2:13am
I wouldn't be surprised if TM simply run queries across the forums for key words such as hotmail, gmail, @ symbol etc Then someone trolls through the results. Easy peasy.

smac, Feb 24, 5:08am
"contact me" !

Dunno, the trolls deleted it.

im_andrew, Feb 24, 5:41am
Probably some dick from parenting or general.

In surprised I didnt get one too, though.

lookoutas, Feb 24, 6:36am
All I know is - I'm going out to the car to check when mine rolls over. Was thinking about it just the other day.
As well as the licence cost, I have to go for a COF (acronym for cough) to hold my Class 4. Probably should have the Hopoate treatment too, but that's a bit late for me now, so would need to object.

duggin, Feb 28, 2:50am
They may not be legal ID, but several govt departments, shops and other large organisations accept them as such - probably 'cause they've got a photo on them.

duggin, Feb 28, 2:57am
Doesn't matter what YOU think - it's what the people who accept them think that matters.For the "few" fakes around in comparison with the 100,000s of REAL ones.

But I admire your not using it as ID - curious to know what you do use though.

socram, Feb 28, 3:14am
Officially, publically and externally - but we all know there are quotas.As any honest cop will tell you and yes, there are many.It may well vary from district to district though.

Back in the UK I was stopped the first time ever, for not having a front bumper on the Mini after six years of clean accident and fine free driving.I had just painted the valance with underseal and it hadn't dried and this was the day after. Five pound fine and a licence endorsement at a time when my wage before tax was fourteen pounds week. ("Car in a dangerous condition")

I hated the police then for a year or two.Next two times I was stopped, was given a stern talking to and my respect was restored.

richms, Jun 2, 12:56pm
IMO they should forget any reminder notices etc, since the the sort of person who needs them is the same sort that have moved several times and not updated LTNZ with where they now live