3.8 v6 ute supercharged

keith18, Feb 28, 8:16am
my ute not going as well as it should , i found a metal pipe around 12mm at the bottom of the throttle body ,with no hose on it . if you turn the supercharger by hand a lot of air comes out of the hole,.any ideas as to what goes on this pipe .thanks

im_andrew, Feb 28, 8:24am
What kind of supercharger is it! Factory M90 on an S/C ecotec, or something different!

keith18, Feb 28, 8:29am
it has crs printed on it , and has a clutch

im_andrew, Feb 28, 8:30am
.like an SC14, or a vortech!

Nobody can help you if they dont know what kind of setup you are running. No holden ute ever came from the factory with the s/c v6.

If you have an aftermarket setup on a buick 3800 (as in a VN-VP-VR) that pipe you are talking about would be the PCV valve, and you should block it off.

im_andrew, Feb 28, 8:32am
If its a castlemain rod shop kit (CRS) it will be a toyota SC14 charger, and you should block off the pipe you mentioned.

keith18, Feb 28, 8:46am
thanks , it is in a vp ute , im not even sure what series motor it is . how do i tell . and what hp should it b. thanks again

im_andrew, Feb 28, 8:54am
If its the origonal engine in the VP, it will be a series 2 buick 3800.

You can tell by looking at the fuel rails and coilpacks. S1 has bent steel tube fuel rails and square coils, while S2 has extruded aluminium fuel rails and round coils.

keith18, Feb 28, 9:04am
ok ta its a series two. thanks ill block up the pipe and see if it goes any better

keith18, Mar 1, 6:13pm
this open pipe is more to the lower side of the throttle body than the bottom ,i beleile the pcv valve is in the middle underneath

im_andrew, Mar 2, 4:47am
I cant go and have a look as my commodores are both in new plymouth at the moment, but as a general rule, any leak in your (pressurised) intake is going to adversely affect your performance, So I would be blocking it off anyway

keith18, Mar 2, 8:47am
if it had coolant going to it ,wouldnt it get into the inlet manifold

im_andrew, Mar 2, 8:54am
No its not meant to have coolant to it. Have you blocked it off yet!

keith18, Jun 7, 3:09pm
no ill get time tomorrow night ,thanks