Best way to sell a car with problems.

friendly_prawn, Mar 1, 7:46pm
got an old shi##er that is on it's way out.
I have wound back the speedo, so that's one problem solved.
Diff was makeing weird grinding sounds, but a few bananas and some heavy grade oil seems to have solved that.
One other problem I have is the engine is missing.Some one said to add some little tubes between the sparkplug lead and the sparkplugs on the one that's missing.
It's to stretch out the reach of the spark or some such nonsense, or so I thought.
But it works. The car does not miss anymore!

The problem is, it only works when the car is hot.
I can warm the car up before I go to sell it,but what if the buyer comes around unexpectedly. Is there a way to make sure the miss go's away when the car is cold!

sifty, Mar 1, 8:04pm
My missus goes away whenever I tell her there is a sale on.

johnf_456, Mar 1, 8:15pm
Did you break all your wind up toys friendly_prawn!

bigfatmat1, Mar 1, 8:18pm
tell them its a design feature. So all cylinders warm evenly

I think it was a ford modeo that the owners manual said that noisey lifters when cold is a design feature. It works for them it could work for you.

oliver6, Mar 1, 8:41pm
You could try describing the vehicle honestly, and telling the prospective purchaser the faults.

friendly_prawn, Mar 1, 9:21pm
Stooopid! Stooopid! Stooopid!.

Only a real dumb idiot would do that. How much do you think she'll pay for it once I tell her it's a heap!

Besides, I'm broke and need the work. Being a pensioner, she'll probably give me a job fixing the old heap too. Now I'd call that a win win situation, wouldnt you! Surely even you can see the common sense in that.

duggin, Mar 1, 9:24pm
f_p, you do come up with some good ones!lol.

ralphdog1, Mar 1, 11:29pm
Yep, you need to install some Mk4 Johnson rods, they cure all sorts of malingering issues.

elvis58, Mar 1, 11:41pm
Tell them it's one of these and it just needs charged

.http://www.opb.org/programs-
/ofg/videos/view/56-Electric-D-
rag-Racing>

1fordluva, Mar 2, 12:24am
Tell them it won everything in class at chrome on the weekend pmsl

stevo2, Mar 2, 12:38am
Simple, Just leave it running.
Cheers Stevo

friendly_prawn, Mar 2, 8:31am
how come no one ever takes me seriously anymore.

ml6989, Mar 2, 10:03am
I can not understand how you can hide the fact that the engine is missing. Where did it actually finish up! When customers tell me that their engine is missing I suggest to them that they advertise for it on "lost & found". # 8 is on the right track all the same. I think that the Mk 4 Johnson rods have the ceramic tips and solve all sorts of issues.

dvince, Mar 2, 10:32am
Just put big wheels and a body kit on it.

clark20, Mar 2, 10:35am
So your engine is missing.have a look under the bonnet , I usually find them there. Crafty little buggers.

friendly_prawn, Mar 2, 8:31pm
lol, oh well, so much for my wind up threads. Think I better keep my day job.

trogedon, Mar 2, 8:33pm
Doctor up an AA report (swipe their letterhead from the net) for it. That'll do. Everyone believes those AA reports.

turbomofo, Jun 9, 3:05am
Ahh. i had always wondered where it was, kept peeling off door cards to top up the oil