AA roadside service V VTNZ Roadside assistance

kiwis0, Jan 12, 1:39am
Talk about value for money, the VTNZ roadside assistance is cheaper than the AA.

xpfairmont, Jan 12, 3:26am
I used to use them the whole time, Always very good. and that's from someone who is never happy.

smac, Jan 12, 3:39am
Which!

elect70, Jan 12, 3:40am
VL commie clapped out in Danneverk & AAagent /garage towed me in , reckonedcomp failed .Had to ring mate to pick me up.4 days later still hadnt fixed itso got towed toUpperHutt &Mendoza Motors sused it in 5 minutes, crookcam angle sensor .

thunderbolt, Jan 12, 3:43am
So OP, what position do you hold at VTNZ!

I love unbaised threads.

Try VTNZ roadside assist, its cheaper than the AA.

Quotekiwis0 (29 )4:16 pm, Sun 23 Oct #4

At VTNZ Roadside Assist, you get 250 fly buy points on renewal of there membership, which is good.

Quotekiwis0 (29 )4:49 pm, Sun 23 Oct #8

Change to the VTNZ roadside service, and its annual membership is cheaper as well.

Quotekiwis0 (29 )10:48 am, Sat 5 Nov #70

Well for first instance, your wrong, and second the VTNZ is cheaper than the AA.

Quotekiwis0 (29 )12:21 pm, Sat 5 Nov #75

What $70 for the AA vs $49, that is what the VTNZ charges, for a service that you may, or may not use. Plus you get 255 flybuy points on renewal of your VTNZ membership.

Edited by kiwis0 at 12:49 pm, Sat 5 Nov

Quotekiwis0 (29 )12:48 pm, Sat 5 Nov #78

xpfairmont, Jan 12, 3:44am
opp's. The AA. But my membership ran out in 2003 and haven't used them since. But I would use them again over the rest if I were to go down that road again.

msigg, Jan 12, 4:14am
My partner has used it a couple of times and had very good service, nice guys she dealt with, once when i was with her i discussed with him about all the calls he does and which brand of cars hes had the most call out to and the most trouble, very interesting, I don't think Jazz would like his comments(those that know jazz). AA has a huge network, it is good piece of mind for family member if they have car trouble.

rthomas80, Jan 12, 4:18am
vtnz roadside assitance is useless, my car had been sitting for about two months and needed a jump start they were going to charge us $180 and they covered $100 far out even for $80 i could buy a whole new battery and if your warrant expires at all you aint covered for anything either, the biggest waste of money

mugenb20b, Jan 12, 4:51am
Depends on the car's location. If it's far away from the nearest contractor (2 hour return trip for example), then yes, they pay up to $100 and you pay the difference. If that's the case, then you have two other options. You buy a small, cheap battery charger or jumper pack, or, simply remove the dead battery from the car and take it to your local garage for a recharge and load test. But, if you were near or in the city, an $80 charge is a rip off.

xpfairmont, Jan 12, 5:19am
I ran out off gas on the Crown Range on a Sunday night back in 2001. AA come out, once I was back in cell phone range that is, I'm not sure if VTNZ would do the same! + AA never looked at my WOF etc

mugenb20b, Jan 12, 5:30am
Yes, you are "suppose to" have a current wof, but I don't really give a $hit as AA is there to provide service that's covered by the clients' membership fees (IMO). I'm there to help when I get called out, not criticise the client's negligence to obtain a wof. In fact, I picked up an overheated Cefiro last year, wof and rego expired by a few days, 4 bald tyres. I recovered the vehicle, no problem.

luscious.locks, Jan 12, 6:16am
i use bnz/state, $25 a year. only called out once but had no problem

kiwis0, Jan 12, 7:45am
thanks.will keep that in mind.

bigfatmat1, Jan 12, 8:12am
The aa are seen as gods to alot of people not my self but others.So if you are a member or looking at joining. I would never take their advise as gospel always get your vehicle checked out in full by a expert. The aa has sold out imho it use to be friendly help now its all about throughput numbers and trying to sell you a battery terminal at a highly inflate cost. Or a battery that you do not need. Or the subcontractor istrying to push their services on you. I would cosider other options first

kiwis0, Jul 17, 1:53am
Any experiences, both positive, and negative!

kazbanz, Jul 17, 2:21am
On other fronts I don't rate the AA but when it comes to roadside rescue--yep they are the champs

brish, Jul 17, 2:27am
I've been with AA for about 40 years and cant fault them.

richardmayes, Jul 17, 6:30am
I've called out the AA 3 times in the 5 years I've lived in Wellington.

Two of those times I gave up waiting after the second hour, and either walked home or made alternative arrangements. Am seriously reconsidering the value for money at the moment.

mugenb20b, Jul 17, 6:51am
The garage that I work for is also an AA contractor, and I'm on call every third week. But, anyway, what sometimes happens (but not very often), is that the contractor may be given the right address for the wrong town. By the time the contractor figures that out, it can be too late. So, I always tripple check everything and I ask for the client's contact details as well. Unfortunately, 99% of the clients start ringing up ALL of their friends and family that they have broken down (after calling AA).

barrie2, Jul 18, 5:13am
AA - member for 5 years. Called 4 times - longest wait 25 minutes. Good if you need them, however all calls have been within 10k of Rotorua.

madam127, Dec 19, 11:38pm
There seems to be quite a few options out there for roadside assistance these days - I have an insurance policy with Tower and thinking of adding their roadside assistance to it - anyone got any feedback on the Tower service!

smac, Dec 19, 11:41pm
Find out who provides it - it's likely to be State or AA.