Any legit legal advice?

pocket2s, Mar 3, 1:27am
On the 29th of December 2010, my father purchased a part for his vehicle. The vehicle was seen by the shop keep who sold my father the required part. In February 2011, my father took the part and the vehicle to a workshop for repairs. The mechanic said the supplied part from December 2010 was incorrect and was for another model of vehicle. My father was supplied the wrong part.

My father went back to this shop and requested a re fund. The shop keep refuses to because " Parts cannot be returned once the package has been opened." The parts were originally packaged in a zip lock resealable bag. To our knowledge the parts bag has not been opened, and the mechanic who repair the vehicle took one look at the part and immediately knew the part would not fit.

What are my father's rights for returning the parts that were incorrectly supplied!

wills, Mar 3, 2:03am
For starters according to the consumer guarantees act goods must be "fit for the purpose" clearly those goods are not. So long as your Father explained what make/model etc the part was required for it should be as simple as that.

The shop needs to replace or refund.

saki, Mar 3, 7:24am
Quite often happens when you supply the garage with owner bought parts.

johnf_456, Mar 3, 7:26am
Yup has the garage likes to make money off the parts.

panicky, Mar 3, 7:29am
Was it an electrical part!Was the part eventually replaced the same type of part as was purchased!

74nova, Jun 11, 1:52pm
Go back to the shop, see the manager, make LOTS OF NOISE and DONT leave until you've got your money in your hand.