299km/h on motorway video !

Page 1 / 2
zak410, Jan 12, 8:58pm

ninja_man, Jan 12, 9:13pm
there's heaps of video's on youtube like this.

trdbzr, Jan 12, 9:41pm
you should watch the ghostrider videos on youtube

hi-ling, Jan 12, 10:47pm
Sheeze, I have videos of speeds way in excess of that on Branxholme road down here in Southland, and its a poxy little back country road, just straight

ninja_man, Jan 12, 10:51pm
share please

wrong2, Jan 12, 11:06pm
google the black prince Peripherique

& look for the date it appeared

kazbanz, Jan 13, 12:41am
Much as the speed no doubt was impressiveI'm always sceptical of the speedo reading of bikes where the speedo runs off the gearbox

male_timaru, Jan 13, 1:08am
that's not that fast at all actually - didn't watch video but 300kmh is not that hard on a good sports bike - mate's R1 hit 175mph ( 280kmh) on the back road from Timaru to Geraldine in 5th gear - he still had 6th left but the undulations made him a bit cautious and he knew if someone had pulled out from side road he'd pretty much be in a paddock or dead cos of it !SO HE BUTTONED OFF

ghostdemon, Jan 13, 6:12am
Rendezvous by Claude lalouch somthing like that on youtube now thats crazy driving

rednsr, Jan 13, 6:24am
I topped my rover 220 turbo out down that road.

chris241, Jan 13, 6:28am
cant say ive seen a bike with the speedo running off the gearbox. They always run off the front wheel

hi-ling, Jan 13, 6:37am
She,s an awesum piece of road that 1.
I bet allmost all the local guys have had fun down there

hi-ling, Jan 13, 6:39am
Sorry chris, but most modern bikes now have their speedos driven by an electronic pickup on the gearbox output shaft or sprocket

tgray, Jan 13, 6:40am
Since the video is nearly 2 years old, there's a fair chance that rider is dead now. Anyone who regularly rides at 300+kph on public roads, is pushing his luck.

jason18, Jan 13, 6:41am
Lucky it was still going afterwards

tool_shop173, Jan 13, 6:52am
Im more impressed with the black car that was infront of him and was pulling away at around 230km/phr!

mantagsi, Jan 13, 7:33am
Hell yeah, that bmw was probably doing about 250-ish when the bike shot past him, nice and easy, hard case

kazbanz, Jan 13, 9:27am
Chris--I sell about 30 bikes a year and modern sprot bikes have the speedo driving off the gearbox.
Theres a product specifically desighned for people who regear (change the gearing) on their bikes called a speedhealer. Its adjusted to suit different gearing.But trouble is guys don't use it then fit wheelie gearing.
The real top speed is a fair bit slower than indicated

magicmat, Jan 13, 6:52pm
Yes I have all his videos though I recommend searching "uppsala run" which is the best ride he does out of all of them. If I remember right he rides from Uppsala to Stockholm, a journey of over 60km in less than 15 minutes!

wrong2, Jan 13, 9:16pm
thats a big fake

the fastest he ever reached was on the eylesee's straight & that was about 140 kmh

wrong2, Jan 13, 9:17pm
who are you kidding

sure bikes reach 240 pretty fast, but at anything over 240 you can be bounced off the road so eaisly

& the list of bikes that will actually hit 300 isnt that big either

trogedon, Jan 13, 10:03pm
I did 70.7kph down Tunnel Hill in the rain today on my bicycle.
I love the smell of lyrca in the morning??

loonee-dial-111, Jan 13, 10:08pm
Looks like it alright, Very clever use of a low camera angle and another engine to give the illusion though (most of the time).

loonee-dial-111, Jan 13, 10:31pm
There is actually only one production motorcycle that hits 300+ kmh. The first in 1999.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Hayabusa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_motorcycles

This is because after it was released, speed governing to 299kmh was introduced.

ninja_man, Jan 13, 10:31pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=yjmtpp7GzhY

this guy is pretty crazy.