299km/h on motorway video !

Page 2 / 2
trdbzr, Jan 13, 10:39pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=E6aIhj9_qIg

dodging past cars on the motorway at speeds of between 200km/h-299km/h

magicmat, Jan 13, 10:41pm
Quick read of the comments seems to suggest rider is deceased. died on his bike. No surprise really.

magicmat, Jan 13, 10:45pm
This is NOT the Uppsala run as it states - its a mish mash of various rides. Still pretty awesome though.

trdbzr, Jan 13, 10:48pm
Yes you are right actually. I was having a look through the video and it isn't the Uppsala run. The link I had for Uppsala run says that the video has been removed so I searched and assumed this would be one.

magicmat, Jan 13, 10:50pm
Its still a good example of what the Ghost Rider vids are all about. I know the Uppsala run well as when I first saw it I had never seen anything like it and watched it over and over. Plus I really liked the song in the last half.

singing1, Jan 13, 10:53pm
Just thought I would share a little story.
Mate (very experienced dare devil) was at 300kph when a VW Combie backed across the road and his bike and body went right through that very same VW Combie. The fire brigade washed his body off the road.the birds later fed on the bits the brigade missed.
Slow down guys. Please

trdbzr, Jan 13, 10:54pm
Yeah I remember watching it over and over again as well. If you watched the video uploaded by the same user that I used to watch, then the song would have been Their Law by Prodigy.

magicmat, Jan 13, 10:59pm
The (original) Uppsala run has a song called Silver Streak by Swedish band Revolvo. man it took me a long time to find out the name of that song too. There is an album I got off a, er, Swedish created site with the Ghost Rider music on it but it is only all the techno type stuff and all sounds the same.

@singing1 - that is what was so fascinating about these vids for me (and others I suspect), is that its so insane it made me feel a bit sick when I first saw it. I have no intention of EVER riding a bike at anywhere near 299kph let alone on public roads! It would make one hell of a mess all right.

rake, Jan 14, 5:19am
exlent! hahahahaha

wrong2, Jan 14, 8:19am
various moto journos reported seeing over 300 on Blackbirds

took the mirrors off tho IIRC

wrong2, Jan 14, 8:25am
dunno about crazy, that was all pretty slow traffic

maintaining the Ton in wellington rush hour is my standard of crazy. of the guys i used to ride with, only one ended up pulping himself (& he did do a proper job of it)

gunhand, Jan 14, 10:42am
Blackbirds were the fastest in there day but quickly put torest by the hayabusa for being the fastest proddy bike. Dont know if taking mirrors would make a blackbird do 300kph or not let alone over it.

hrt, Jan 14, 8:38pm
"Speed governing" meaning that the speedo gets to 299km/h and doesn't go any higher but the bike still picks up speed!

trogedon, Jan 14, 8:53pm
A guy in our motorbike club (he??

bob1088, Jan 14, 9:41pm
know a guy who gets 307 out of worked TL1000S - got to Taupo race track way ahead of us one time and passed a Lambo with driver pedaling hard out - driver of that car (fast4&t guy) congratulated him at diner.

sabbath-black, Jan 14, 10:10pm
.you been sniffing lycra with trogedon!

doug207, Jan 15, 2:12am
Incorrect.
MV Agusta 312R, Ducati D16RR, BMW S1000RR. All of the late model 1000cc sport bikes are capable of more than 300km/h, not too much more as they do have brute power (most have more than a 'Busa now) but crap aero dynamics.

Your Wikipedia is wrong.

trogedon, Jan 15, 2:14am
Let's go back to the 'busa was the first.

doug207, Jan 15, 2:22am

doug207, Jan 15, 3:09am
That's about it though, 'tis not the only one to have done it.