Any issues with Mitsubishi Chariot/Grandis

Page 2 / 2
male_timaru, Jan 18, 8:40pm
I hardly call buying and fitting 2 new tyres an expense i have to do every few months ($170) and Cut and polish ($80)

Cut and Polish will be an Annual/18 month affair
Tyres will be whenever they need replacing (just like on YOUR vehicles)

The other $400 is a ONE OFF expense then she will be right as rain unless i break something or something goes wrong (JUST like on YOUR vehicle)

So no your argument is like a fishing net - ie it doesn't hold water! lol

johnf_456, Jan 19, 2:08am
Haha just rememeber if its a corolla its the best thing since sliced bread going by that book.

studio1, Jan 19, 2:37am
I've said it before and I'll say it again - avoid anything that starts with an M. It's bound to give you trouble, and when it does, it will cost you a bloody fortune to repair it.
That's not just my opinion either. I know three different mechanics - all highly skilled people, all from different backgrounds and different outlooks on life. All three of them tell horror stories about the Mitsis and try to steer people away from them.
The question begs of course, why would you persist in wanting a vehicle that is known for its faults when you could go and buy something that isn't a problem child!

richard198, Jan 19, 3:10am
Exactly. Why persist with dubious vehicles when there are better choices!

armoured, Jan 19, 4:06am
It is a vehicle I'm looking at but not the only one.just getting feedback from mechanics and previous/current owners.

intrade, Jan 19, 4:09am
its recommended not to buy mitsubisheaps or suffer the consequences .
like Legnumb are called that because you will get sore numb legs from walking while it broke down. for also mmc at back of mitsubishi stands for mitsubishi-motor.crap.

mileyfan73, Jan 19, 5:04am
Bits-are-shittys are renowned for smokey motors and the GDI is WELL known for it's problems,but like anything it's a case of Caveat Emptor.Have owned six Mitsi's and they all had issues.Have had three Honda's and none of them have had any problems other than a leaky radiator and a CV joint.expected I guess when they had all done over 300.000ks.I know what I'd rather own!