Simple question for a simple job

mk3zephyr, Jan 19, 4:53am
OK what is the correct procedure for fitting wiper blade refills!, do you feed the new blade in from the top or the bottom when the wiper arm is away from the screen, I was always told that they go in from the top and clipped in at the top (top meaning the end closest to the roofline when operating), thoughts!, I mean does it really matter!

intrade, Jan 19, 5:01am
top means it wont fall out the bottom.as when it clips in on bottom it can drop out . logically

thunderbolt, Jan 19, 5:11am
Feed in from the bottom, so they wont walk out of the blade if the clip pops out.

richardmayes, Jan 19, 5:22am
I like to do it with the clip at the bottom.

the bottom of the blade swings thru a much smaller arc than the top of the blade, meaning the bottom is moving much slower than the top, meaning there is much less tendency for the clip to get thrown off.

(Not that I've EVER known the clips to get thrown off. )

mk3zephyr, Jan 19, 6:11am
was just asking as like i said i always feed them in from the top and have had no problems, Now i have noticed a few cars driving around town here with big scratch marks at the top of the screen where the clip has popped out and the blade has moved downwards making the metal runner contact with the glass, looks terrible, also noticed my sisters car is the same. Have asked my sister and have gone and asked people whose cars i have noticed with these big scratches who put the blades in and all have said.Supercheap auto

familiadude, Jan 19, 6:54am
I put a new set on my girlfriends car from the top and the stupid thing came off and the blade was just sitting there but not clipped in luckily it only came out of the last clip. the clip had actually undone itself from the blade wedged it back together and has been fine since though

unbeatabull, Jan 19, 7:03am
I always put the clip in the bottom, have had customers in the past complain about the clip being visible because it was at the top and in their eyesight as the wiper swings by . and I tend to agree, although I am stupidly fussy about little things like that.

mk3zephyr, Jan 19, 7:05am
so basically 6 of one and half a dozen of the other

dr.doolittle, Jan 19, 7:09am
Chopin half & feed in from each end.

johnf_456, Jan 19, 8:05am
Personal preference no right answer, personally I put them in at the top and I have yet to have a clip fail yet on me touch wood.

cjdnzl, Jan 19, 9:31am
When you buy the blades have a look at the complete wiper replacements and see which way they are.

crzyhrse, Jan 19, 9:52am
Clip on the end that travels the least distance. It means the blade stretches rather than compresses with the sweep.