Can't find fuel pump (pics inside)

dent, Mar 13, 2:06am
if its no in the tank it will bea electric inline pump just infront of the tank under the vehicle.

vtecintegra, Mar 13, 2:17am
The problem is the carb version was Japan only, so most English service manuals won't apply

Might be helpful to get a manual for an earlier Civic as the came with carbs in more markets and the setup should be similar.

clark20, Mar 13, 2:55am
I doubt it's in there. I have a fuel pump off a carbed honda and it looks like an SU pump, and it's externally mounted.

lmfao-, Mar 13, 2:57am
where abouts is it mounted clark20!

clark20, Mar 13, 3:01am
No I don't have a car, just the pump, and it's not in-tank mounted

3962, Mar 13, 3:11am
Just put car up on hoist if you can & follow fuel line. Not all externals are closest to tank.

lmfao-, Mar 13, 3:11am
Its definitely not there.

lmfao-, Mar 13, 3:12am
3962 wrote:
Just put car up on hoist if you can & follow fuel line. Not all externals are closest to tank.[/quote

its up on ramps at the mo and have done what you said and have had no luck finding it.

clark20, Mar 13, 3:12am

intrade, Mar 13, 3:32am
mate a carburetor has no fuelpump inside the tank. your fuelpump is mounted on the engine most likely on the head and is a mechanical membrane low pressure pump only injected have pumps inside a tank.

clark20, Mar 13, 3:38am
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php!block_01=17SB001&block_02=B__0401&block_03=22163

May be behind a plate like shown above

What a cool website, breaks down all the parts for Hondas

lmfao-, Mar 13, 3:40am
thank fuck you came along LOL

intrade, Mar 13, 3:51am
well i an not 100% sure but reading it being a carburettor and him not finding a pump inside the tank . As i cant recall a car with electric pump and carb.
the 1.5 civic i fixed had a mechanical pump on the engines cilinder head .

lmfao-, Mar 13, 3:52am
any clue as to what it looks like so I know what Im looking for!

intrade, Mar 13, 4:01am
of course thats is the fuelpump. is that of your engine!
looks a bit corodedthe thing with 1 in one out i find a picture of the unit they are all similar built .
http://198.173.64.150/images/airtex/mechanical_pump.jpg

lmfao-, Mar 13, 4:03am
yup thats of my engine.

intrade, Mar 13, 4:08am
above is what 90% of mechanical membrane fuelpumps look like.you might as well wirebrush your petrol tank and give it a coat of mat-black before you screw it back up and inspect inside the tank for dirt. and if the pickups are not broken off or coroded in the tank

dent, Mar 13, 4:13am
I cant say ive seen a honda of that age with a mechanical fuel pump even with carb versions. I thort they all had low pressure electric pumps.

intrade, Mar 13, 4:18am
civic was 94 model membrane pump on head just like his. also you might confuse a single point injector with a carburetor as they look like acarb from outside.!
http://www.angloparts.com/en/catalogue/picture/2353

intrade, Mar 13, 10:51am
he foundit in post 16 rocky728

illusion_, Mar 13, 8:14pm
Thats certainly a fuel pump . but it looks like it has been disconnected/unused for some time. One wonders what has been pumping the fuel since then

intrade, Jul 16, 4:17am
its why i asked if it was his engineits probably poked.
he will have to go along the fuel lines to see if it got blocks etc and also blow the lines clean with compressed air before refitting thepainted fuel-tank.