Help with 96 mirage fuel pump.pretty please

shudbfishin, Mar 16, 7:01am
i need to change fuel pump is there any other way other than romoving petrol tank which looks like if i do that i have to take off exhaust as well

scotthurst01, Mar 16, 7:03am
I think you need more threads on the topic.

Please start some more.

shudbfishin, Mar 16, 7:07am
nevermind

intrade, Mar 16, 7:07am
no you look under the rear seat there is usually a round plate to take out to get to the fuel-pump assembly

shudbfishin, Mar 16, 7:11am
thanks intrade.this i have done, however the copper lines run down to the bottom of the outside of the tank and then connect to the hoses from there, so i am guessing i have to take all the big stuff eg tank off to get pump out,,,does that sound about right! or pf course being a women am i missing somthing obvious!

intrade, Mar 16, 7:18am
i dont know mitsubishisbut a mazda 626 i done was done under rear seat whole seat had to com out and on my fiatyou just fold the seat up and woala there is the plate and under it the boltsto open up and pull the pump and petrol gague float thing out. you then have to solder a new pump on therethey do come with crimpon things replacment fuel-pump but i dont trusted them as i dont want to do jobs 2 times. dont solder anything near the tank. the unit unplugs from the wiring loom. cheapest place for new pump is supercheap auto. and reason why they pack up is no 1 theyrun dry and burn when you run the car out of fuel.

intrade, Mar 16, 7:19am
ps is your car fuel injected! if its not then it likely has no fuelpump inside the tank like the last smurf with his hondawho could not find a pump after he dismenteled the whole tank lol

intrade, Mar 16, 7:21am
also some carshave the pump outside the tank. and others again have 2 pumps like somevolkswagen.

intrade, Mar 16, 7:23am

shudbfishin, Mar 16, 7:37am
woah.sorry im on dial up so those came through all at once lol.um right.car is fuel injected and has an in tank pump, ive undone evrything that i can see that woul be keeping this thing in. i have accessed it from under the backseat and under car, (i even emptied the tank). lol.still loading ya photos

shudbfishin, Jul 25, 7:46am
haha.nice sales pitch lol.i got another pump today.or you trying to sell me a drag car ;p