High Stop Flasher Question

legricecons, Jun 24, 1:00pm
Are they legal!

Specifically if I fit a unit that flashes my high stop a few times then stays on, am I breaking any regulations. I looked at the Land Transport regulation but was a bit confused when the refer to both constant and flashing in the sale section.

clark20, Jun 24, 7:22pm
The brake light is to be constant on, it is not legal. However you are unlikely to get caught.

clark20, Jun 24, 7:24pm
There is a new approval for flashing the indicator lights on some new cars ONLY when the ABS is activated, ie under extreme braking

countrypete, Jun 24, 9:40pm
There are changes in progress to review all of the lighting area regards headlights, brakelights and "ancillary" lights.Meantime it is not normally an issue.

esprit, Jun 24, 10:08pm
Some cars also flash their brake lights when ABS is triggered. The BMW Z4 lights up half its brake lights when braking normally. lights them up full when braking heavily and then flashes them all when it's in "holy s**t" mode.

offrd1, Jul 23, 6:43pm
The brake lights on my bike flash's when applied,good safety feature i reckon especially on a bike.Never ever had problem getting a warrant any where