Brake imbalance-again

sr2, Jun 20, 10:57pm
At the end of the day I just don't trust brake testing rollers. We were having similar problems 30 years ago when I was working in the industry, as a method of testing it's a huge waste of time an effort.

net_oz, Jun 20, 11:28pm
What happened to the days when you went for a drive , did a handbraky and a foot test!

ceebee2, Jun 23, 5:08am
I bet it was a partly seized brake slave cylinder.

Cheers CeeBee (Auto Tech 30 years)

dozerman, Jun 23, 7:19am
used to get this on trucks all the time .Now back the brakes off blow out dust with air gunadjust ,haven't failed yet .Have another booked in for 2mrw probably jinxed it now.

snoopy221, Jun 23, 7:51am
You omit the left and right of the situation.
I.E. contaminated proportioning valve on firewall lowering left rear residual line pressure and contamination moved-hence-readings

dozerman, Jun 23, 7:55am
no the left & right thing is there with dust -hence -dust moves

carkitter, Jun 23, 8:35am
Do you mean wheel cylinder! I was thinking the same thing.

I recently replaced the rear wheel cylinders on my car. I had noticed brake fade in extreme conditions but put it down to cheap front pads. Then one day I had to brake suddenly and found that only the RF and LR brakes worked, and subsequently locked up. The RR wheel cylinder was leaking and causing low pedal pressure in the other wheel which is on the same brake circuit, the LF. The problem was not noticeable under normal braking.

faa_luke, Jul 18, 5:06pm
I had similar issues, though with disc rear. Quite common it seems on rolla's, took out the p valve and it was a bit stiff on one side. So flushed it all out, put it back in and it flew through. This was after having the problem about 50% of the time come WOF time. Haven't had the problem come back since.