We Suck At Road Trips.

paulap, Jun 20, 4:41am
anyone else have grotty luck with road trips. Touch wood we haven't had a break down yet but pretty much everything else. Maybe we try to just go too far in too short a time.

mugenb20b, Jun 20, 4:42am
BMW playing up!

paulap, Jun 20, 4:44am
lol shall never be one of those in my garage.

mugenb20b, Jun 20, 4:47am
So.car problems or weather!

whqqsh, Jun 20, 4:49am
went on one with a mate doing a 'tin hunt' up north. Biggest mistake we made was taking his 90's diesel Tranny van, noisy, slow, smelly & with the worlds most uncomfortable seats. never again will I sit in another one!

paulap, Jun 20, 4:49am
This time was weather and closed roads. 5 hour delay due to road closure. Detour through a goat track not suitable for cars towinglarge trailers, glad I wasn't driving cause I would have got us stuck.

mugenb20b, Jun 20, 4:50am
That's the best part of the road trip. An adventure.kind of.

paulap, Jun 20, 4:53am
Yip, was an adventure I guess and did give us a laugh as yet another trip turned out to be hours longer than expected.

mugenb20b, Jun 20, 5:03am
I found Transit seats to be OK, but, if they are slow and noisy, that encourages "slow" and relaxing driving.

skin1235, Jun 20, 5:24am
road trips are a frame of mind, either an essential chore ( and bore) or a time to caste of the drudgery of the 9 to 5, and insert a bit of humour into the circumstances
many a time I've got back with major faceache from laughing or overdoing the grinning
come home a couple of times with arseache too, not the fondest of memorable trips those

paulap, Jun 20, 5:55am
Ours are all something we chose to do rather than get cars freighted etc. Certainly glad we do them as have done some pretty good miles over the last year or so.

iman007, Jun 20, 8:10am
i do a couple of road trips (air new zealand but) to aucks regularly to get on it with mates up there.We always have a ball.Sometimes we get a ppl mover and we checkout certain pubs etc. Cock n bull and vibe my regulars there.Ah good memories! My ribs take about 4 or 5 days to stop hurting when i get home.

grangies, Jun 20, 9:07am
Sounds rather kinky.

iman007, Jul 7, 9:55pm
nah mate, just from laughing.Always have a ball on my roadtrips!