Are Toyota Ceres and Marino the same car?

livys_mum, Jun 19, 4:22am
Hi - I have been driving a 1994 Toyota Ceres and love it, but it belongs to my ex and i want to buy one for myself.Is the Marino exactly the same thing!It seems to be but just wondered if any of you can tell me!Cheers.

glennalan, Jun 19, 4:28am
They seem to be, as the manual covers both. There are a few different specs though for different models.

_peas, Jun 19, 5:22am
Yes it is, just like the Corolla Trueno/Levin relationship.They have differing tail light assemblies and I think that the Marinos have yellow fog lights in built into the headlights but overall they are the same thing.Go the 20 valve silvertop!

johnf_456, Jun 19, 5:39am
As above

livys_mum, Jun 19, 5:44am
I love how the ceres kind of handles like a sports car - glad to hear the Marino is the same.I love driving this car!.

neville48, Jun 19, 6:16am
No, had a ceres with the yellow lights, i thought the marinos were all auto but !. the ceres was one of the best little cars i have ever owned, loved a good thrashing and went and handled well.

muzz67, Jun 19, 8:17am
Had a 20v Marino. Great lil car, although diff ratio a bit high in the auto version. Not enough revs at 100kph for an engine with modest bottom end power.

rabbitt1000, Jun 19, 4:02pm
yep, had a 20v Marino also.great lil powerhouse that never let me down, and trading it in on a Supra was a sad day.go the BlackTOP

_peas, Jun 19, 11:52pm
The seats in them aren't great for taller people though if I remember right.One of my ex's had one, and I've only got taller now.Did they come out with the blacktop 4A-GE!I've only seen silvertops.

vtecintegra, Jun 20, 12:15am
They were a bit of a weird one, the chassis never got updated when the rest of the range changed from E10x to E11x but they did get the blacktop and six speed.Same thing happened with the Corolla wagon (but not the Sprinter funnily enough)

Very few blacktop Marino/Ceres around though, think I've only ever seen one

glennalan, Jul 3, 2:19pm
Plenty of manual Marinos around.