2.5 Toyota Windom - yay or nay.

ryanm2, Feb 2, 5:14am
Have heard the 3L models have had head gasket issues, is it the same for the 2.5L as well, or are there more potential faults to be concerned with!

phillip.weston, Feb 2, 5:25am
95ish onwards Windom with the MZ series engine is fine in regards to head gaskets - it's the earlier MZ series which has issues, that includes the 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 and 3.4 variants of the VZ engine.

ryanm2, Feb 2, 6:20am
thanks - this is a 1996.

kazbanz, Feb 2, 6:21am
I quite like the windom 2.5 -look up details on the lexus 2.5 of the same era

crosis_nz, Feb 2, 7:34am
If you can get the 3l model it is much better. When I got rid of my old lexus a few years ago, I was looking at a 5 year old 2002 lexus with 80k on the clock when I saw a 2003 windom limited edition with 40k. More features and full leather for just 10k (11.5k less than the lexus!). Personally I buy a car not a brand so if it did the job I was happy. I drive hard and fast and the 3l has never skipped a beat.

When I bought it they offered to remove all the toyota and windom badges and replace with lexus for $120. Apparently kits are readily available. Mine still says toyota as it seemed to be faking it to me.

Only hassle has been a towbar as toyota say no NZ towbars fit the windom. Say I need to have one custom built.