Yamaha YZF600

Page 3 / 3
trogedon, Jun 11, 4:16am
Keeping up with bigger bikes is how you ride too. I kept up fine with a club ride (guys on 750cc + sports & sports / tourers) on my single cylinder Yamaha SR500. What I lost on the straights I (attempted) made up on the corners.

gunhand, Jun 11, 4:23am
I should come ride with your club. down here there is only one speed and its not 100kph. Kinda put off riding in groups now and Im not the only one.

cocabowla, Jun 11, 4:54am
i worked with rick for while when he was up in auckland in the wholesale side of bike accessories and he's a top bloke all round.

gunhand, Jun 11, 4:59am
Yep dead right all round good guy and very easy to deal with and thats how you win repeat custom. He talks even if your just kicking tyres. there all good in there.

shelleigh, Jun 12, 8:07am
Thanks guys I really appreciate all the advice and suggestions. I've decided to go down to Dunners this week and check out MCR. Will also get in touch with local bikers as none of my friends ride bikes and it would be boring riding on my own.

gunhand, Jun 12, 8:08am
Let us know how you get on.

gunhand, Jun 12, 8:27am
Reliable, Ninja lol lol lol lol ha ha ha,he's right tho.Most modern bikes are super reliable these days, when was the last time you herd of a jappa blowing up without some serious abuse.Sorry Im on the Jim Beam LOL.

berg, Jun 12, 8:34am
Wheres mine! lol. Fun wee bike and yep, so far super reliable. I love jumping back on it and taking it for a spin. It's more chuckable than my Z

gunhand, Jun 12, 8:35am
Yours will be in the drinks cabnit just like mine was lol

berg, Jun 12, 8:44am
In the seachest. I crawled in there one day and it took me a week and several bottles to get out. Jim Beam, Jack Damage and Jonny Walker all attacked me

shelleigh, Jun 12, 8:53am
Will report back later this week Gunhand :)
Berg that bike doesn't appeal to me - sorry.

gunhand, Jun 12, 8:54am
u prob just broke his heart lol.

berg, Jun 12, 8:56am
Not at all. The "naked" look is not everybody's cup of tea. I'm not a big fairing fan so just horses for courses

shelleigh, Jun 16, 7:18am
I want my bike NOW - sat on a few at OMR today and love the 2010 XJ600 on the floor :) Now I am really chomping at the bit!

gunhand, Jun 16, 7:27am
Thats good to hear, it should be at a good price to being a couple of years old.
Now you need the test ride.

shelleigh, Jun 16, 9:23am
Kazbanz I just had a squiz at one of those CB's but like the look of the XJ better :)
Gunhand November can't come quick enough for me. Will be great getting the bike in the warmer weather though instead of now.

gunhand, Jun 16, 9:26am
Cool, November will come quickly. I get marriedthen so it will seem like only 2 weeks away lol. I refer to her as wifey already.

ninja_man, Jun 17, 1:41am
iv got the ninja 650, would be perfect for a lady. low seat height, good low down torque, looks pretty good and is cheap to run. Have you considered the 650!

shelleigh, Jun 23, 10:41am
Haven't looked at that one Ninja-man. Have a few months to check a few bikes out and to ride a few starting with a lower cc and working my way up to 600's. But I really love the XJ I saw yesterday.