High Idle Mitsi 4g93t

1grasshopper, Jun 16, 4:24am
Hi, I have a Mitsi Libero turbo (1994) and it has started idling at 1500RPM instead of under 1000, its like the choke isnt turning off or something.Is this an easy fix or expensive one (not planning on keeping car much longer but fuel consumption has gone up since this issue)

phillip.weston, Jun 16, 4:37am
perhaps it thinks it's running cold at all times. I would be checking the ECU temp sensor, which isn't the same as the gauge temp sensor. Should be the two pin one on the thermostat housing.

bae13, Jun 20, 3:56am
things like the temp sensor thinking egine not warm, check the air bypass as it has a wax part in it and as it warms it shuts off an idle passage, also make sure there is water geting to throttle body on the small water pipes this provides heat to the wax part, make sure these get warm, check to see if the engine temp gauge warms up while stationary for about 10min at a fast idle, if this does its good, then drive it and iff the gauge goes cold then a thermostat is needed, if it stays warm that is good, also these mitsubishis suffer alot of idle stepper motor issues, these can be costly to replace, mitsubishis suffer ecu issues but at 1994 i think yours just scraps out of that era of car that give the ecu issue