Mitsubishi Pajero- cambelt

shoptillidrop1, Jun 15, 2:57am
Hi there,
Anyone know how much a cambelt change would be on a 99 mitsubishi pajero!
Thank you in advance xxxx

thunderbolt, Jun 15, 3:22am
Engine size! petrol! diesel! Has the belt snapped or just maintenance!
How many KM! Water pump included!

phillip.weston, Jun 15, 3:24am
should be the 3.5 GDI petrol being a '99 model. Parts would amount to approx $300-400 while labour would be approx 5-7 hours, depending what will be replaced (ie water pump, all crank/cam seals). Expect to pay around $800-1200 depending where you go and what parts are used.

lozzah2, Jun 15, 3:31am
i was also wondering the same for mycar is a v6 petrol surf,i was also told that it could possibly be a chain! but im not sure as i know nothing about cars

shoptillidrop1, Jun 15, 3:43am
Hey Phillip.
Thank you so much! Thats a great ball park, and you are right! It is a GDI exceed. We know it won't be cheap. It hasn't snapped it's just done 103,000kms so we know it has to be done now rather than later. So better to be safe than sorry we think.
Thank you everyone for your help xxx

phillip.weston, Jun 15, 6:09am
At that kms I would probably replace the belt, auto tensioner unit, idler and tensioner bearings and perhaps the cam/crank seals, and just check the water pump - it could go for another 100,000kms just fine if it's had antifreeze/coolant it's entire life, but for another $60-80 for the part and 30 mins extra labour max, I would probably replace it for peace of mind knowing it wont need touching for another 100,000kms minimum.

guest, Jul 6, 12:28am
x1
I just got a quote for my 2000, 3.5L petrol GDI Pajero. $1560 including GST in New Zealand. This is from the local Mitsubishi franchise.