2003 Holden Barina SRi 1.8

vjregal770, Jun 14, 9:12pm
I know the cambelts have an earlier than normal change-out period on these, but what do you reckon if it's only done 27k in 4 years! Cheers

thejazzpianoma, Jun 14, 9:46pm
Cam-belts are X number of years or X number of KM's whichever comes FIRST. Doesn't matter how many km's its done, if the time is up the time is up. Especially important on one of those. The synthetic rubber compound timing belts are made of still deteriorates from time, heat and sitting under tension.

I can't remember whether the 1.8 is a 3 or 4 year change but best to find out exactly what it is and act accordingly. Plenty of people who have had disasters with those 1.8 engines through trying to push the time/km's a little bit.

Best of luck!

Edit: Some of the time/date intervals were revised and lowered so make sure your information is up to date. Hopefully someone on here will tell you what it is from autodata etc.

vjregal770, Jun 14, 3:12pm
Thanks jazz - that's what I thought.

It's 4 years/60,000 going by the book. It was changed at 40253km in 2007. So it's4 years since it was replaced, but has travelled only 27km in that time.