Racing - 2011 Le Mans ruined. Is nothing sacred?

Page 2 / 2
wrong2, Jun 11, 6:51am
the new 1600's are going to technical tour de force's

a new, even more cool technical era for F1

& they will still own every other class on the circuit

wrong2, Jun 11, 6:53am
this season , & the last

best ever in 3 decades

wrong2, Jun 11, 6:55am
ground effects are back for 2013

foxdonut, Jun 11, 11:04am
With limited horsepower and a 2 race and qualifying minimum for engines its going to come down to who can built the best transmission and skip around the new slower aero rules. Engine design and build has come a long way since the days of old where a team could put a new engine in each time the car took to the track and I don't disagree that the cars will be extremely technical, but under the auspices of safety and environmental impact I find it hard to see why people would be more interested in the next season.

The last driver to get killed was nearly 20 years ago and F1 is the ultimate car race, which should afford it the ultimate opportunity to have more power, more speed and more spending.

Every year there are more limitations placed on the teams and it defeats the purpose of F1 which is to build the best, fastest cars on the planet.

foxdonut, Jun 11, 11:05am
When Schumacher raped everyone in the early 00's it was because he is the worlds best driver and had some of the worlds best building his car. Y'all might not like to see a winner, but there are those of us that were quite happy to see the best doing his thing on the track.

mgmad, Jun 11, 11:17am
No it isn't. The purpose of F1 is to be F1 - a formula race series, the formula for which can, and does, change. It is entertainment first and foremost, which is why the regulations of the formula constantly evolve to try and encourage entertaining racing.

bmwnz, Jun 11, 11:42am
IMO car racing jumped the shark when they started using the safety car concept.

ct9a, Jun 12, 12:01am

iman007, Jun 12, 12:28am
just watched a good doco on isle of man motorbike racing, taped on mysky and only just watched it. One guy rode the whole 37 mile circuit on his back wheel only. Isle of man always interested me, spose from the TT racing there.

wrong2, Jun 3, 3:47pm
thats not what F1 is about

since the 60's