Emissions compliance advice please.

shorebee, Jun 8, 1:47am
How do i find out what regulation my car adheres to, whether its adr 79/01 or us2001 or euro 3 or greater and/or japan 00/02 as this is the only thing holding up compliance. it is an 04 mazda axela 1.5 from Hong Kong and is a JM6BK model sedan. any assistance woudl be great otherwise may have to wreck.

crzyhrse, Jun 8, 1:54am
Surely those complying it could verify!

shorebee, Jun 8, 2:01am
no they need me to evidence and mazda compliance certificate says japan art. 31 which isnt sufficent and rahter than go back i thought i would find out if anyone knows of a list of makes and models and what standard they apply to/for

intrade, Jun 8, 2:06am
ask kazeban he is a car seller the rules only change next year. the evidence is what comes out the exhaust you could ring mazda in england and ask them what the emissions are on your mazda and to mail you a copy of the emissions certificate. I only know the swiss have a emission certificate for each car and the garages of the make supply them . of course there is only cars that meet the emission standard on the roads there.

shorebee, Jun 8, 2:08am
cheers intrade, i have emailed him also. i think the model is an export model from Japan to HK so slightly diff to here but is the 1.5 axela of which we just brought a 2003 model and where first owners in march. this is newer so thought it should be fine - justabit of hunting. cheers

kimbo88, Jun 8, 2:16am
I can only comment on the ones that are imported from Japan, but the emissions coding on these is "DBA" which does comply no trouble whatsoever.You will probably find "DBA" on the identification plate on the firewall, possibly as part of the chassis number.The DBA rating complies well into next year, even beyond our next restriction that comes in early next year.

kimbo88, Jun 8, 2:20am
Also the DBA rating is ADR79/02, Euro 4, Japan 05, which is beyond what is currently required.

kcf, Jun 8, 2:24am
Don't assume anything, especially with a "funny" market car.Don't hand over a cent for a car until you have it in writing from an entry certifier that it does comply.The exact same looking car might be made for a half dozen different markets, if the market it is destined for has a lower compliance standard, it might only get issued the paperwork for a lower compliance standard.eg: a lot of vehicles made for the Thai market will comply with absolutely nothing at all.

edit:reading fail, ok, I see it is a car that you own already, so any comment regarding "don't pay a cent for ." etc. can be ignored.

shorebee, Jun 8, 2:25am
cheers, will go looking, most of the 1.5 axelas are the jy model and this is a bk model so hard to confirm.

kimbo88, Jun 8, 2:37am
Shorebee the Japanese model that does comply here is the BK5P model - I would be surprised if yours does not comply.

shorebee, May 19, 8:12am
Thanks Kimbo, are you abl;e to email me from my listings and i can call you.

Thaanks.