Compliance/Re-Registering

unbeatabull, May 21, 5:20am
So I took my car to VTNZ Today to get re-complied/re-registered, and one of the things it has failed on is the Brakes. It says that the Brake Pads + Rotors need to be replaced and Declared to be original and a catalogued part that meets manufacturers Specifications.

Does this mean I will need to take it to a Nissan dealer/franchise and get genuine stuff fitted all round and "Declared" by them to be 100% Correct!

Bit of a pain considering I work at a Ford dealer and just replaced them with aftermarket stuff :(

unbeatabull, May 21, 5:21am
Oh its a 1989 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo too.

Also it failed on Fog Lamps not complying. I presume it has something to do with a newer legislation on when they are allowed on/switched on/off etc as the lights are all aligned and clear.

unbeatabull, May 21, 5:39am
Would I be able to just unplug them and put say a cover or something over them for the compliance check!

So with the brakes, am I able to sign it myself! Or do I need someone else to sign on behalf of. And do I need to show its a catalogued part or just the reciept for the parts!

Cheers

unbeatabull, May 21, 5:45am
Awesome, Cheers Kaz.

unbeatabull, Mar 14, 6:04pm
Right, Ill have to ask if there are lenses available with the S Mark on them cause these don't have one.

Cheers Mate