Mitsi emeraude super touring

forrest39, Jun 5, 5:55am
hey anyone know if i can replace any of the parts of the emeraude for say maybe galant parts of the same era, (1993) only asking as it is easier to replace my grill with more common and cheaper to buy galant parts rather than sourcing emeraude parts.
any help would be great.
anyone know where to find the frame number! on the vin!

grangies, Jun 5, 6:04am
The frame number is in the engine bay, usually on the left or rightof the fire wall.

The Galant grille is not likely to fit.

phillip.weston, Jun 5, 6:12am
only the mechanicals are the same, body and interior are specific to the Emeraude.

forrest39, Jun 5, 6:18am
so there is no way to mod them at all.grill bumper!.
any parts like headlights the same!

franc123, Jun 5, 6:30am
Look at the two of them side by side and then see if you think they are the same, its obvious that the front and rear ends at least are totally different.Emeraudes have always been an oddball and hard to get bits for, at least in relation to Galants, its something you should have thought about before you bought one.

grangies, Jun 5, 6:32am
The bonnet, guards, headlight, bumper and grille will be different.

They are made to fit the adjacent parts shape.

Even slight variance in shape, make them unable to slot into a different model.

phillip.weston, Jun 5, 6:39am
The Emeraude was only available in one single generation only, and was an off-shoot of the Galant running on Galant chassis/mechanicals but had a massively different exterior and interior. Nothing in terms of body panels and interior parts are interchangeable. There's also two different styles of the Emeraude too, the early 'pre-facelift' an the late 'facelift', of which they have different front and rear end treatment also.

forrest39, Jun 5, 7:17am
thanks guys these were the exact answers i was after as i dont have a very large knowledge bank when it comes to japs and what they look like especially the early ninties. spose will have to find the parts, no worries tho purely cosmetic for resale, no hurry

forrest39, Jun 5, 7:23am
everyone else here has helped in a friendly manner yet there has to one oozing with a "your a dumb fuck" attitude thanks for that. i asked cos i didnt know and it is easier to ask than google all the galant gens and facelift models etc and compare. if i wanted an opinion on buying one or an opinion on my lack of knowledge written in a cynistic way i would have asked for one.
thanks to everyone else

grangies, Jun 5, 7:24am
No worries.

We're trying to find a grille for an Isuzu Wizard Alive.

It's the word Alive that makes the front different to a normal Wizard.

Not easy to find a grille.

franc123, Jun 5, 7:30am
No worries, nice to see you have a good self opinion, good luck with finding the bits, you'll need it :)

easygoer, Jun 5, 8:27am
forrest39being a 1993 your Emmeraude is a pre facelift, if you get a hold of Mitsubishi in Wellington they have numerous used parts available, at least they did a while back, I had a 1995 facelift version which I damaged the rear plastic panel between the tail lights, I had no problems getting one from Mitsi Wellington, the only other option would have been getting a new part from Japan

mrfxit, Jun 5, 7:29pm
A semi decent 'old school' panel beater could probably swap them over for you & do a good job.
Only real catch would be that you have to do all the panels on the front from windscreen forward.
Bonnet/ both guards/ radiator panels/ bumper etc etc.

Tho, wouldn't be cheap unless you could do it your self.

mrfxit, Jun 5, 7:35pm
We had a ding in our 94 v3000 (aussie import/nz new) & ALL the panel beaters & wreckers (except 1) in Hamilton told us we had to have the SAME model parts, even said all the import models were different to ours . BUT as it turns out, the chassis & inner guards/ mounting points ARE the same.
Saved us nearly 2 grand on what WAS quoted as a 4.5K repair.
It's possible the Galants/emeraudes are the same chassis or so close that a good panel beater can do it .

phillip.weston, Jun 5, 8:58pm
they are the same platform but the whole shape of the car is different. The Emeraude has a lower roof line and the A pillar angle isn't the same. The leading edge of the door where it swings out at the A pillar is different between the two. You cannot just bolt Galant panels to the front of an Emeraude. Will not work. Full stop.

mrfxit, Jun 5, 9:10pm
Yep ok, I will give you that point IF you have physically tried to swap over the full set of front panels .

forrest39, Jun 5, 10:21pm
thanks guys. reason i was asking is i picked up one on tm the other day for $500 and the auction said ks were at 170 000 but upon purchase ks were actually just over 100 000 with rego. Warrant expired only a few daysprevious. Interior is absolut mint condition and cam belt replaced at 90 000 just needs 1 rotor machined, and the bumper and grill was backed into by a 4wd so bumper doesnt need to go but seems a waste not to fix.

mrfxit, May 11, 5:57pm
Suggest you find a local wrecker that has both cars in their yard & compare the frame attachment points for the panels etc.
Too many times in the past, I have been told by "experts" (no offence intended to phillip) that such & such WILL NOT swap over. but they do in a lot of cases.
This is 1 I don't personally know about