Mitsubishi Diamante's Are they ok?

Page 2 / 2
forrest39, Jun 5, 6:07am
had an espada bought at 120 000k 1997 and maintained it very well. heaps of room in back and boot so great for family but i had many problems with mine.
high engine rev at idle or the complete opposite with stalling, mech couldnt find any probs then magically dissapeared after 6 months,
trans was never smooth at all
dents very easy
very expensive to fix and hard to fix yourself, even to replace the spark plugs ya had to remove half the top end. to get back three.
alternator and dizzy died at 140 000ktrans died at 145 000
then took out a power pole at the drivers door at 100kph and no air bags went off but i didnt get a scratch on me no whiplash didnt even get a bump. nothing, so the crumple effect worked well, wrote off the car but was very safe.
resale is shit.
cheap big safe but expensive to fix. but on the upside thre are heaps and heaps of cheap parts floating round at wreckers as they will blow a head at some stage

male_timaru, Jun 5, 10:37am
Lovely cars to drive - real cruisers - can be expensive if they're not been looked after (as any car can be in the same situation) - just get it fully checked over by a well known word of mouth mechanic first that is trusted

islaybrian, Jun 5, 10:42am
Thanks for your contributions folks.Most interesting and informative.

v8_mopar, May 8, 6:57pm
# 31 i go with that! NO
Cheap car that my be a good buy but prob not. If you get one OP and its a lemon dont complain!