How long do you're brakes last

Page 1 / 2
chuckyme, Jun 3, 5:47am
Hey, Ive got an xf falcon, when I bought it the brakes were half used I've had it for nine years now and the pads are still about half. I have never had a car where the brakes have lasted over two years what about the rest of you out there!

crzyhrse, Jun 3, 5:57am
I can't understand how so many people can confuse "your" and "you're" and"brought" (to BRing) and "bought". Don't get me started on "their", "they're" and "there".

chuckyme, Jun 3, 6:02am
I stuffed up on one of those things. God forbid I might be human. Piss off if you having nothing to say on my topic.

crzyhrse, Jun 3, 6:04am
Two. "Brought" and "you're".

And NO.

gunhand, Jun 3, 6:04am
I guess some of us just wern't paying to much attention at school. Plus the English language Is pathetic if you ask me.
And no its not a dig at theOPThere was a thread couple of days back and the guy could not spell Yellow or Blue. Thats a more of a concern than which which to use or there LOL.

mrfxit, Jun 3, 6:11am
MOST of it . depends on how /where you drive & what speeds/ loads you have carried in the past.
If this has changed then theres a good chunk of your answer

grangies, Jun 3, 6:14am
Settle Grettle!

chuckyme, Jun 3, 6:16am
Yes there is two. I didnt look at the title. My hubby started this thread and yes he failed english. Not being able to spell yellow or blue is quite a concern, at least he can do that lol

intrade, Jun 3, 6:18am
brakes 20,000km on front disc and 80 to 120,000 on the rears is what i do on my cars. tyre dont last more then 20 to 25 kand a clutch is worn out at 160,000km

chuckyme, Jun 3, 6:18am
She mostley gets driven around town but has done a fair few kms over the years with me and her share of massive loads too

grangies, Jun 3, 6:19am
We've had our Isuzu for about 7 years.

We bought it at 85,000k's and it just about up to 270,000k's .

It's never need the brake pads replaced.

intrade, Jun 3, 6:20am
if your brakes where half way and are still half now then your partner be servicing your car and has fitted probabbly 20 times newbrakes already
bit like the guy who said he only uses 20 bux worth of gas to drive all week 700km. that the wive filled his car 2 times during the week simply sliped his mind lol

chuckyme, Jun 3, 6:26am
Haha nah its his car I'm just now typing for him so he doesn't get attacked for having shit spelling and punctuation

crzyhrse, Jun 3, 6:29am
I failed high school English too.

berg, Jun 3, 7:48am
On my Rodeo, 204,000kms for front disc pads and rears were still good as. Swift sport has 112,000kms on it now and pads all round are barely worn. No lip on discs at all eather

jmma, Jun 3, 8:09am
You missed "an" before XF Falcon. so you are not perfect yourself :op and good milage with the brakes OP, are the calipers seized! (o:

rob_man, Jun 3, 8:22am
Typos are not conscious. Bad grammar and spelling generally are.

mrfxit, Jun 3, 8:32am
LOL holy hell intrade.
That can't be right
The barely wof tyres I put on the back 2 years ago, are still passing wof's & thats probably 15000km's ago.
The front tyres are in the same state.
Just checked the back shoes recently & they still have PLENTY of meat on them & it was very obvious they hadn't been touched in a lot of years

chuckyme, Jun 3, 9:40am
Well when i got the car it had done 180,000 kms and now its 300,000ish.
Tyres tend to last me 50.000 ks.
Have had my share of huge loads as well.

pollymay, Jun 3, 9:55am
Tyres last me about 20k on the driving wheels, I don't understand cause it only spins one tyre at a time doing burnouts so why do I have to replace both!

crzyhrse, Jun 3, 10:42am
I didn't mention it because it's CORRECT, as the X in XF is a vowel sound. It would be incorrect if he'd written 'an Falcon XF.' but he didn't.

toxicgreen., Jun 3, 10:45am
How long do you,are brakes last!, Not very long if you have enemies,,,LOL, Check for fluid leaks each mornin

sr2, Jun 3, 12:26pm
When did X become a vowel!

johnf_456, Jun 3, 12:30pm
It never did

crzyhrse, Jun 3, 1:46pm
Where did anyone say X is a vowel!