WOF question please

kelzzz, Jun 4, 8:04am
If you go to a VTNZ in one town for a warrant check, and it possibly fails, can you take it for a recheck at a VTNZ in your town!

johnf_456, Jun 4, 8:07am
Yes, I think you can but I don't go to vtnz.

bigracket, Jun 4, 8:08am
I did not think so but, jonno prob knows more about it.

antwerp87, Jun 4, 8:13am
Its logged with what it failed on in the VTNZ site so who ever is doing the retest will know what it failed on. SO yes it can be rechecked elsewhere but Im not too sure how things would go with the paperwork!

henderson_guy, Jun 4, 8:13am
yes but you need the original checksheet, AFAIK

kelzzz, Jun 4, 8:18am
Do you mean like their copy as well! Should I ask them for it! We're from Napier but buying a car in Taupo and want to get a WOF before coming home

tgray, Jun 4, 8:21am
The new inspection will not automatically see the fail from the previous test unless they go to a specific screen. If you wish to pay the fee again, you are entitled to have it rechecked. be aware, they might find more things than the original fail.

franc123, Jun 4, 8:32am
More like the question should be why would anyone go to VTNZ lmao.

johnf_456, Jun 4, 8:33am
You have to be on something, I would not take my wheel barrow near them.

grangies, Jun 4, 8:39am
Your wheel barrow is probably stuffed.

johnf_456, Jun 4, 8:41am
Hand over the tuis!

franc123, Jun 4, 8:45am
And even if you did the brakes would still fail on imbalance."But my wheelbarrow only has one wheel and doesn't have brakes!""Doesn't matter the rollers still say it fails, scuff the tyre up and get it warm and put a load of cement in it and bring it back, or maybe the proportioning valve is faulty"Blah blah blah.

johnf_456, Jun 4, 8:47am
Thumbs up, what drink would you like.

carmedic, Jun 4, 8:48am
Yes you 100% defiantly can, just take it with the check sheet (the one they give the customer) to the Napier VTNZ and they will re-test it.

franc123, Jun 4, 8:50am
Anything will do chief, having a drink beats the hell out of fixing non existant brake problems all day doesn't it lol/

johnf_456, Jun 4, 8:51am
Choice! Got coke and whiskey here.

tgray, Jun 4, 9:16am
VTNZ charge $49 and the local garage charge $25.

leelee74, Jun 4, 9:48am
vtnz testing stations are rubbish thats were all the mechanics that cant make it in a real workshop work

johnf_456, Jun 4, 9:52am
Or mostly failed mechanics, yes some are fine but a lot are morons.

tintin4, Jun 4, 9:55am
ones at our vtnz are great ----- like that they are independant.garage may charge less but have an interest in finding a problem.been our experience anyhow

johnf_456, May 6, 6:52pm
Some garages do but they are not worth going to, simple find a mechanic you trust who respect and treats you well and go back to him. He will also most likely return the favour and look after you, cowboys are everwhere.