Green Filter any good?

Page 1 / 2
_peas, May 30, 7:48am
Anyone had any dealings with this outfit!Website makes some big claims.

http://www.greenfilter.co.nz

sr2, May 30, 8:46am
"By using the highly developed Green Filter©, filtration method you can expect fuel savings of between 7% and 16%." If it sound too good to be true it usually is.

_peas, May 30, 8:51am
Thats kinda what I was thinking.Thats a fair saving for a ~$100 part that anyone can install.

jezz43, May 30, 8:54am
6% more horse power. tui ad much

moosie_21, May 30, 9:24am
It MAY save you a bit in fuel from increased airflow (If you set it up properly, which will cost you ALOT more than $100) and it MAY give you an increase in power, but nowhere near what it claims!

girlracer2005, May 30, 9:35am
a friend of ours uses these in his car and loves them

sr2, May 30, 9:37am
You may need to read my post again!

_peas, May 30, 9:43am
Nope I got it.You calling those claims optimistic at the least.

sr2, May 30, 9:47am
You're almost there, Im calling them B/S at the least!

clark20, May 30, 11:55am
V8 mag just tested a K&N replacement on a Commodore and got 2% more power, so I do not think there is much more (if any) to get from their one.

girlracer2005, May 30, 7:57pm
dont knock it till you have tryed it. it sounds like you would be one of theres people that wont try something because it new or new to you my friend has been using these filters for years now and he dont like to part with his money for any reason

sr2, May 30, 10:28pm
I've spent the last 20 years building race cars and have had the privilege of spending a considerable amount of sponsor??

moosie_21, May 31, 12:38am
Amen, nothing beats tried and true testing!

debulebule, May 31, 1:13am
I fail to see in the above post where he says he tried all these tests with with a green filter. Not that I'm supporting it at all, i stick to paper filters with regular cleaning and changing. But even so, his word means piss all without the evidence.

sr2, May 31, 1:42am
To think that worlds automotive industry (who invest billions of dollars a year on research and development)have failed to realise that fitting a "Green" filter element would save them up to 16% in fuel consumption is nothing short of preposterous. As long as there are still ill-informed, gullible people out there we will have people selling ???miracle??? products for motor vehicles.

bjmh, May 31, 2:23am
hey SR it reminds you of the tins of compression powder we had to locate as young fellas.ha ha

smac, May 31, 2:31am
K&N themselves used to use some rather optimistic claims like these. When questioned on it, the small print clarifies that their tests involve taking a crappy old clogged paper filter out, putting the K&N one in, and all of a sudden you've got a 15% power increase. Clever marketing.I guess.

sr2, May 31, 2:43am
LOL. Not to mention being sent down the road by the boss to buy a "long wait". (I can still feel the embarrassment after all these years!).

vivac, May 31, 4:27am
Haha, can i get an Amen!

vivac, May 31, 4:29am
Looks exactly like a K&N except its green.
50micron oiled filter. Sounds exactly like a K&N too.

sr2, May 31, 5:11am
LOL, as long as there is still a sucker or two being born every minuite I'd be suprised!

antwerp87, May 31, 5:22am
more air and cleaner air = burning cleaner and hotter. And anyone whose mechanically minded knows that does mean more power and economy. How much is a different story. I wouldn't trust those outrageous claims but I would believe there can be some gain in both areas.

bigfatmat1, May 31, 5:28am
These work just like they claim. Just like those pills added 6 inches to my penis.
That is all

mrcat1, May 31, 6:20am
The only way to know for sure that it is actually filtering the air going into your engine is with a oil sample.

sr2, Apr 23, 7:02am
You haven't got any pills left over!