'95 VS Commodore Ute - Nudge bar question.

40wav, May 29, 10:47pm
I have the above ute and want to fit a nudge bar. I dont need the bar but I do need somewhere to mount a front pipe rack mount, so I may as well put a nudge bar on as well. I cant find one anywhere, so I'm going to custom make one. What I cant figure is - Where on the front of the chassis does this normally bolt on! Do I need to drill bolt holes (I dont want to do that for obvious reasons.), does it bolt onto the sway bar mounts! Any help appreciated, and photos of one fitted would be awesome if anyones able. Cheers.

guider1, May 29, 11:08pm
Aliarc make/made them. I just gave one away to a friend for his VR ute.

40wav, May 29, 11:11pm
Would VR and VS be the same for this! There is a VR nudge bar for sale on here but when I compare the mount points on the bar to what I can see under the ute.I cant see where it would bolt on.

j.feck, May 29, 11:16pm
If your ute has an airbag in it you need to make sure your nudge bar is airbag compliant i got caught out on a ford courier 2005 non compliant nudge bar no wof

guider1, May 29, 11:23pm
Yes the same. Auction number!

guider1, May 29, 11:24pm
Friend has had no trouble warranting his ute with SRS using the one I gave him.

40wav, May 29, 11:37pm
Good point. Something I hadn't considered, but no airbag so OK. Cheers.

guider1, May 29, 11:39pm
That's the same as the one I gave away. I havnt had a look how he fitted it but it's on his ute so it must fit. Grab it.

40wav, May 29, 11:42pm
It will be alloy though. I am going to make a light steel one so I can add to it for the pipe rack mount. I just need to know where they bolt on. Cheers for your help so far.

guider1, May 30, 6:37am
Had a look at my friends one today. It's bolted right through (top to bottom) the chassis rails. Why not just get alloy tube or RHS welded to the alloy one!

40wav, May 30, 6:47am
Thanks for that. I want to make my own but I cant do alloy welding, and I tend to add bits and pieces here and there when the mood takes me. I'd probably weld a couple of mounts for small spotlights too.

40wav, May 30, 6:48am
Also, did he drill the holes for it or were they there already! Cheers.

guider1, May 30, 10:18am
He drilled the holes.

40wav, Apr 21, 11:00pm
Ahh.the whole thing is starting to make sense now. Cheers.