Daewoo Nubria has a miss after running on Gull

rrtipene, May 27, 8:47am
My daughter's car is ruuning rough after she put Gull petrol in her car, it ran ok for a few days and she put more petrol in from Mobil and now the car runs rough again.
When you get over about 50KPH, it apears to run smooth again, when at idle it runs rough.
Is there any particular reason why it would do this, does this car have a knock sensor etc.
Or is it spark plug leads or spark plugs.
any ideas good people

mugenb20b, May 27, 8:50am
She didn't put diesel in it, did she! Otherwise, check your plugs and leads first.

rrtipene, May 27, 9:01am
Well that is something I had not thought of.
How will I tell, probably open the tank and smell whats in their

3tomany, May 27, 9:02am
na gull dont sell lawnmower fuel try a chainsaw shop it will be fine

3tomany, May 27, 9:05am
na seriuosly it is either a coincedence of a problem or she put diesol in it

ginga4lyfe, May 27, 9:06am
dont gull sell that ethernol mixed stuff! I I know that some cars Fuel pumps Hosing and seals dont generally like that fuel, maybe find out if she used Gulls Force 10!( i think thats the name )

rrtipene, May 27, 10:38am
Well for those who think this is a joke, all Gull petrol now contains ethernol and on the gull site it says it is not suitable for Daewoo.
I will chekc the fuel to see whether she put diesel in it, pretty sure she is not that daft.
Since he last fill was mobil prepay, damn impossible to put the wrong fuel in. However I have an old Ford Laser that runs rough when using Gull petrol. So don't knock me.

ginga4lyfe, May 27, 10:44am
and I didnt knock you, infact i practicly said what you just said, and its only their premium fuel that used ethernol blended fuel, not their 91

buyme3, May 27, 10:48am
try using sparrows instead of seagulls

outbidyou2, May 27, 10:48am
haha whatafnjoke

buyme3, May 27, 10:53am
i thought so

rrtipene, May 27, 10:56am
Have another look, the 91 also contains ethonol. In hamilton the geen sticker on the pump for 91 says it conatins ethonol.
If the others here here want to be less than helpful then they should go find some where else.
thanks any way!

snoopy221, May 27, 10:57am
Turn Lerft K dis is motoring WTH is !ethernol or is datb ya trailertrashtypin!

snoopy221, May 27, 10:58am
ethonol mumble mumble grr beeten to it.LOL

buyme3, May 27, 10:58am
dont be a hater mate. maybe dont be a tightar,s an put 95 96 or better 98 in your car and stop whinging

snoopy221, May 27, 10:59am
Actualy it is Ethanol.(Just for propiertry)

buyme3, May 27, 11:01am
ethernail

ginga4lyfe, May 27, 11:05am
thats messed up. last time i was at GULL in south auckland only the premium had ethernol

buyme3, May 27, 11:07am
nitro circus baby

ginga4lyfe, Apr 9, 4:06pm
http://www.gull.co.nz/fuel-products/ Infact there is a choice between 91 and 91 "plus" then Force 10, i guess you just gotta pay attention to these little things and only use non ethonoled fuels