No dash lights rev count spiking ln130 surf

annait1, May 25, 7:25am
I recently replaced my alternator and all was good for a week now I have no dash warning lights and heat coil flashes for a second then goes off. I have a feeling that its a bad earth. Any ideas !

mugenb20b, May 25, 7:30am
Could be, start by checking battery terminals and fusible links.

annait1, May 25, 7:35am
Hey mate, checked all that. I turn keys and only the coil light flashes then goes off. Truck will start because the battery is full. Was running this morning when I took her to Firestone for alignment then get her back from them and no go.

muzz67, May 25, 8:19pm
Ours used to loose dash lights etc for a while after a water crossing, so more than likely an alt fault.

ct9a, May 25, 8:22pm
why not take it back to the shop that it was replaced at!

andrewph, May 26, 9:32am
Sounds like an internal short in the alt. blowing the fuse for the warning lights. the fuse is a brown 7.5 a fuse with the name alt or the one for the instruments called gauge. Do what ct9a suggests and return it to give the auto sparky a chance to correct his work. It may even be a seperate fault.

r15, May 26, 11:29am
try here http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/index.php!sid=f6a4682f80b3fac9c439eb9330a1d11d
these guys have a lot of good model specific knowledge

johnf_456, May 26, 11:32am
Have you checked the charging voltage! But let a sparky look at it

jacko_p3, Apr 5, 11:17am
I brought the Alt off here. And put it in my self. Its such a straight forward job. She went beaut for a week then when I gave her to firestone I get her back like this. Now Im not saying thats it them but its odd that I had her going every day for a week and the one day they have her she dies.