Hid lights.

dent, May 21, 7:54am
no after market hid kits are illegal factory fitted lights are legal.

clark20, May 21, 8:47am
He just doesn't know the rules here, or playing dumb to sell his product.

fordcrzy, May 21, 8:32pm
the 8000K colour temp will have the cops on faster than you can say "instant fine" as well

ct9a, May 21, 9:15pm
there will be no pattern ,fail for wof

mrfxit, May 22, 9:25pm
Correction .
You are NOT allowed to fit ANY sort of Hid bulb's or Hid kits in to an OEM non Hid headlight assembly fitting.
You ARE allowed to fit COMPLETE Hid headlight assemblys, totally REPLACING an OEM headlight assembly
Listing #: 376912553
Package Includes:
- 2 Digital Ballasts
- 2 Xenon Bulbs
- 4 Zip ties & Mounting screw
- 2 ballast holders
- 2 Connector
No headlight assembly supplied = Illegal in NZ

clark20, May 22, 9:26pm
Sorry, went they made the new laws they changed so you could not hide behind that excuse, they can prosecute the car owner, the seller and the importer. Because we all know the thousands that have been sold on trademe have gone to off-road vehicles don't we! I, however, have not seen this enforced.

mrfxit, May 22, 9:30pm
There . fixed it for you ;-)

Oh & his Q&A answer was pretty weak (to say the least)

mrfxit, May 22, 9:33pm
NOTHING stopping them being used 'off road" but if someone is stupid enough to use them in a road legal vehicle ON a PUBLIC road . . well . ummmthats just asking for trouble (& a ticket/pink sticker etc)

clark20, May 22, 9:37pm
I am talking about when they do get fitted to a onroad car.

Well certainly there is nothing stopping them as most seem to get through on the road causing huge glare for us, and no recourse to the seller. I can get them for US$26 a kit if I wanted, but I do not want to.

mrfxit, Mar 21, 12:05pm
Yep I KNOW that, but your msg's don't DEFINE that clearly