Primera heater.

hondalova, May 19, 9:53am
my fan/heater only works on full. what is the problem! the fan its self or the switch! its in a 1991 p10 primera.

thunderbolt, May 19, 9:54am
I guess the resistors in the fan switch.
Not sure if this is a common fault though.

jasongroves, May 19, 9:59am
I would 2nd resistors.

johnf_456, May 19, 10:00am
Just get another unit from the wreckers, there should be plenty about for a car of that age.

carmedic, May 19, 10:20am
It will be the blower motor rheostat you will find it behind the glove box screwed into the ducting/motor.
It will look similar to this??

jasongroves, May 19, 10:25am
Actually yes, rheostat sounds better.I should know this as I replaced one in a car a few days ago.lol.

jsbike, May 19, 10:40am
could be the air temp sensor if has climate air that you set the desired deg rather than a slider that goes from cold/blue to hot/red.

carmedic, May 19, 10:48am
Its not, it??

johnf_456, May 19, 10:52am
It will be the rheostat I have replaced few with the same symptoms, just get another unit (part)

tmenz, May 19, 7:47pm
The rheostast or switched resistor packs for these are very expensive for what they are - even scruffy second hand ones - they can be repaired by a competent electronics technician using readily available surface mount resistors but probably not worth the trouble.
Just take a deep breath and be prepared to pay.
Pick-a-part is probably best option.

jason18, Mar 11, 2:57pm
I had exactly same problem.in my p10. got a second hand unit and that fixed it. Very common for the switches to break down.