R.U.C. question please

Page 2 / 2
johnf_456, May 18, 11:49pm
I'm not taking sides mrcat just saying thats the information he was told officially by NZTA.

mrcat1, May 18, 11:58pm
Theres just no helping some people, I have had to deal with both RUCs and the God Squad for years. He's already paying a fine and at least i've never had to pay a fine, so why do i have to care if he wants to waste more of his money on fines.

mrfxit, May 19, 12:29am
Vehicle has been checked at police check points a few times over the last couple of years & nothing has ever been said about the weight ticket verses vehicle weight, ONLY about the amount of km's on it.
That clearly says that the police aren't bothered about domestic vehicle weight limits per ticket.
They sure are concerned about COMMERCIAL usage & seen plenty of commercial vehicles of ALL sizes including the same basic models as MY Surf, pulled up, (commercial = using SIGN WRITING)

Been in a few checkpoints along with other commercially used 4x4's & they check their ruc's but not mine .

If it really was an issue, then they would have nabbed me a long time ago & everytime they follow me down the road, because the moment they run my rego plate, they would know I was over ticket weight just by driving it.

2040kg unladin + me at 84kg = 2124kg + fuel + whatever tools + 3 teenagers + extra weight because of over size tyres from factory OEM .

Food for thought. should I or shouldn't I bother.

busdriverman, May 19, 12:44am
It's only $2.20 more per 1000kms to get a 3 tonne sticker instead of a 2 tonne sticker so it's not going to break the bank to have a sticker that will keep you legal on the scales. I agree they target commercial users more than domestic users, but that doesn't mean that they won't, if they want to.

crzyhrse, May 19, 1:34am
Expensive lesson.

shark574, May 19, 8:01am
Your onto it.

Somehow you can't tell some people ah. lol

NZTools, May 19, 9:13am
I've had the pleasure of a court appearance foe an overweight SWB landcruiser. Yes it weighed 1980kgs empty and was on a 2T sticker.
Unfortunately for me, with a couple of 60l drums of oil in the back, and my ass on the drivers seat, it weighed a bit more than that.

Just because yuo talked to someonewho said a 2t sticker was ok, does not mean yuo got told the CORECT information.
The law is the law. you must purchase road user charges appropriate for the maximum weight you will be carrying.
Sure, they focus on comercial vehicles 98% of the time, but the god squad have no qualms making an exaple of private users either.

johnf_456, May 19, 9:15am
Yup for the sake of a tiny bit more I'd up the label. You just never know when they may do a blitz.

smac, May 19, 9:53am

berg, Mar 11, 11:51am
I agree with mellisa here. Changed from my 2.8 TD Rodeo to a 3.6 Commonwhore ute a few years back and due to the low kms I travel with it the Commy is cheaper. Things like 15,000km servicing vrs 5000km servicing for the turbo dsl and rego etc all add up when you only do 5000km a year. Plus no worrying about the dreaded RUC.