Good buy ya reckon?

bubbles52, May 18, 5:43am
yes, i would

bluecambridge, May 18, 5:48am
cheers bubbles my only concern would be rusty/sludgy sediment from the block stuffing up the nice new radiator - have asked the seller & I await their reply.

bubbles52, May 18, 5:49am
i would give it a flush before i installed it

bluecambridge, May 18, 5:53am
yep that's what I was thinking

thunderbolt, May 18, 5:53am
Maybe the car was accident damaged! (not frontal of course) or trans died! Might not have any cooling issues that may effect the radiator.
You could ask the seller why he is offloading it!

bluecambridge, May 18, 5:57am
thunderbolt, yeah that was part of my question to the seller, and you're right, could be any reason for sale, I could be jumping to conclusions but seems reasonable to suspect the radiator was replaced due to coolant issues then perhaps realised the job much more involved/complicated than expected - head gasket or cracked head.

jasongroves, May 18, 5:59am
I reckon you are right.
I would buy it as long as he still had the receipt for it.you would assume he would after only 2 weeks!

johnf_456, May 18, 6:03am
I'd take it, but give it a flush before hand to be sure.

bluecambridge, May 18, 6:18am
thanks everyone for your advice, jasongroves that's a good one about the receipt, will definitely ask about that as there may be some sort of warranty on the radiator!

richardmayes, May 18, 6:23am
He has said it is "as new condition" so you'd think it should be ok. (!)

Judging by his comment "Other parts are available from this car" it sounds like the new rad was a doomed attempt to get to the bottom of some overheating problems that have since gone terminal.!

bluecambridge, Mar 4, 10:45pm
yeah to my mind the rusty coating that can be seen where the top hose attaches is a bit of a giveaway, still, with a decent flush hopefully should still be a good radiator, still as new, and around half the original price!