More caldina clutch q's

ontwowheels, May 15, 3:19am
I appreciate all the answers I have had so far: but I have another.
My new cluth, pressure plate and machined flywheel are in. yay.

But the clutch operation is still at the very bottom of the travel of the pedal. To the point where the clutch is not fully disengaging. Boo.
There does not seem to be any adjustment for the clutch.
I suspect a stuffed hydraulic cylinder is the cause. My question is, will it be master or slave! and is there anyway of trouble shooting this to tell which it is.

Again thanks in advance.
One frustrated caldina owner

(car is 4x4 2L N/A 96 caldina, 3s-fe)

Ta

mugenb20b, May 15, 6:49am
Peel the boot off the slave cylinder and if the fluid leaks out of it, it's had it. If not, clamp off the hose that goes to the slave cylinder and push the clutch pedal down. If it goes down, then your clutch master cylinder is stuffed, if it's rock hard, then it will be the slave cylinder. BUT, before you carry out these procedures, make sure the fluid level is OK and try bleeding it first.

ontwowheels, May 16, 2:52am
Thanks- I had bleed clutch, and level good. I have just replaced the slave cylinder- problem fixed. But another one has cropped up. Bloody car wouldnt start today. Seems the batt is not charging. Bloody car.
for sale: 96 Caldina, incl size 11 boot dent in drivers door.

mugenb20b, May 16, 3:31am
Is the alternator belt still there! You can check the charging system by putting a volt meter across the battery terminals, and engine running. You should get roughly 13.5 volts at idle. If the charge rate is OK, you might have had the car parked up for a while, a knackered battery or a constant drain somewhere.

ontwowheels, Feb 24, 6:12pm
Knackeredbattery. Bugger it. Thats twice in one day I have had to buy from repco. because noone I would normally shop with is open on a sun.

Car better be good to go for awhile now.