Fitting new CV joints to 1996 Caldina

vicaar, Dec 21, 5:21am
I'm in the middle of the above but the spring clip that holds the cv joint on when it's fitted does not compress enough. It is also sitting proud of the spline, any hints on how to compress it so the cv joint spline will slide over it! cheers for your assistance.

tatts2, Dec 21, 5:23am
U can use a cable tie around the clip & tap the joint on when its over the clip just cut the cable tie.

vicaar, Dec 21, 5:25am
right will try that one now, wish i could sometimes look outside the square.

vicaar, Dec 21, 5:30am
can't find the bloody cable ties, any other ideas.

vicaar, Dec 21, 5:33am
just moved so can't find the bloody things, their here somewhere.

unbeatabull, Dec 21, 5:56am
If you have a small flat head screwdriver, get the joint started and have the clip so the opposite side of where the split is, is sitting down in the groove, Then use the screwdriver to compress one side while holding pressure on the joint, then the same on the other side, then a couple of taps on the end of the joint and it should slide on.

vicaar, Dec 21, 5:58am
ok cheers, will give that a go too.

mugenb20b, Dec 21, 6:04am
Compress the ends of the circlip in a vice. Not too much though.

intrade, Dec 21, 6:08am
use a hose clamp and then whack it on. thats how i do it got to find a good clamp thats not in the way of the cv when you hammer it on.

intrade, Dec 21, 6:09am
dont works i know i done that just makes em weak and you got to spread it again to get it on the shaft after waste of time that.

vicaar, Dec 21, 6:35am
ok so have got plenty of hose clamps but none that dont get in the way, might give up for the evening yet again and try on weekend.

intrade, Dec 21, 6:50am
cable tie also work but same thing got to have one that is wide enought but dont gets in the way.