Welding bottle question

Page 2 / 2
h.e, May 9, 2:58am
heres a tip for those who use co2,when your doing alot of welding the regulator tends tofreeze,easy cure tape the wifes hair drier to the bottle aiming at the reg.next tip dont get caught

sfw4, May 9, 11:05am
snap! is it Waldegrave street i think! been there done that. always get nice service and go back 1hr later and its always done. So long as its got the L.A.B numbers. If bottles out of date it only costs $30 for a retest and very rarely fail unless bad rust. $7 per kg

franc123, May 9, 12:33pm
Yes, that sounds like the sort of outfit you should deal with.You have to ask yourself is $300 really that dear for a new cylinder that goes for 10 years between tests!Only $30 a year plus gas fills, which for most occasional DIY users lasts for a long time.What was BOC's price for renting again lol!

74nova, May 9, 7:02pm
So from what you guys are saying, using co2 instead of argoshield for MIG welding at home is ok and works well!

thejazzpianoma, May 9, 7:43pm
If you are in a main centre there is no need to play around trying to use CO2 etc.
All you need to do is buy a really big newly tested bottle from supagas (I think mine was around $399) and then with the big bottle like that you get the proper argosheild at a cheaper rate for volume.
That means you can fill your really big bottle for about the same price as a small one which makes the gas really cost efficient.
No freezing, and mucking about, its the proper gas and its cost effective.

Why anyone would muck around with CO2 when you can get the proper deal for very little more escapes me.

net_oz, Feb 1, 11:10am
Give a call to your local Tradezone store for co2 bottles.