willystruck65, May 3, 8:42am
only running and six cylinders with noisey lifter any help
how are they adjusted and what clearances

jasongroves, May 3, 8:43am
Year and model please;)

jasongroves, May 3, 8:44am
Have you checked plugs, leads etc etc!

willystruck65, May 3, 8:47am
would give year model but its in a toyota surf ! havnt pulled plugs yet as its raining but got spark at alll leads

phillip.weston, May 3, 9:09am
a 1G in a surf! obviously not factory fitment! what a waste of time doing a 1G conversion on anything really.

phillip.weston, May 3, 9:10am
I would do a compression test, sounds like it's down on compression on a cylinder due to a valvetrain fault.

jasongroves, May 3, 9:13am
The turbo and s/c versions aren't too shabby.

phillip.weston, May 3, 9:24am
Yes but the 1G-EU version is not!

jasongroves, May 3, 9:28am
I would have to agree.100 odd Hp out of a 6 is just not on.

willystruck65, May 5, 8:30am
did compression test its all good on all cylinders has spark on all but when 5th lead is pluged in to dizzy cap its idle real crap when i un plug it, it like its smoother not sure how or why but it just is

ema1, Jan 21, 10:48am
I had similar problem with a Cressida GLi-6 I had years ago and it was caused by uneven wear on the back of one cam lobe causing the lash adjuster operating on that particular valve causing it to "hang open" due to the lash adjuster following the worn cam lobe profile.
Took camshaft out had that faulty lobe repaired and machined to factory spec ( all other lobes checked and were perfect to factory spec still) .voila fault fixed and had no further problem with it over the 200,000km extra distance I traveled in that particular Cressida.
The cam lobe profiles have to be absolutely perfect particularly on the back of the cam or the lash adjusters will exagerate(sp) the wear if there is any.
Kelford Kams in Christchurch did the job and explained what the problem was which I have stated above.
Lash adjusters can stick/pump up too as well due to a lack of oil changes & regular servicing.
So it's once again all down to regular maintenance.

What spark plugs are you running in the engine.
The NZ new Toyota's with 1G-E engines used different plugs to the JDM 1G-EU . The 1G-EU's used a really long reach type plug with extremely long exposed electrode parts.