HOLDEN STUDS TO SHORT FOR TRIDENT MAGS!

ali.m, May 3, 4:46am
Have a set of cheviot tridents,14x7" fronts and 14x8" backs to go on my VR commodore. . . only problem is my wheel studs are to short. . . where in christchurch could i get a set of longer studs!

thunderbolt, May 3, 4:49am
Repco or Appco deal with a company that supplies wheel studs and nuts, they should be able to get you something.

petermcg, May 3, 5:04am
VB - VL = 43+

VN = 43+

VP = 43 + optional offset is 42 + or 31 + for V8 Exec sedan
VP Berlina = 26 +
VP ABS IRS = 26 +

VR Executive = 43 +
VR Executive wagon = 40 + or 43 +
VR Berlina sedan = 43 +
VR ABS IRS = 26 +

VS Exec wagon = 43 + or 37 +

VT Acclaim V6 = 26 + all other VTs are 43 +

VX all models are 43 +

VY Exec V6 = 43 +
VY SC V6 = 41 +
VY Exec wagon = 43 + or 41 + for the 5.7 L
VY2 = 43 +
VY2 SC V6 = 41 +

VZ Exec = 43 +
VZ Acclaim = 41 +

petermcg, May 3, 5:05am
I just Posted the offsets for those holdens, make sure that the PCD is correct as some of them are different

pnh4, May 3, 5:14am
Most Tyoyta 4WDs are long type try the wreckers or pick a part if you got one down that way.

demons, May 3, 5:52am
ummm get the right wheel nuts cant use vr ones.internal they are most likely non centering wheels

by_hdt, May 3, 5:55am
why would you downgrade to tridents!,
#1 they look gay on anything post-1978, the stock hubbies would look better.
#2 the factory wheel size is 15" even on the crappiest of VR's
#3 the VR was designed to have 15" wheels at a minimum, so putting 14's on will stuff up the suspension geometry and wont clear the brake calipers on the front either, as VP onwards had the VL Turbo calipers and rotors, which required the fitment of 15" wheels, My guess is the studs are too short because the wheel wont go on fully because it will be hitting the brake calipers.

im_andrew, May 3, 6:38am
You cant fit a 14" wheel on the front of a VR, it wont clear the brake calipers. Also, if they are kingswood wheels they are the wrong stud pattern (5x120.5 i think), and it will load up the studs and stuff them

ali.m, May 3, 9:23am
What are yous on about. . . . . Ive got 14x8" modgies on it at the moment with no troubles!. . . and by_hdt do you really know anythin geometry! or just trying to sound smart! ha! and the wheels themselfs clear the break calipers and all just fine and my suspention set up is far from factory so ill be just fine. . . best no what your talking about before you speak next time huh, DEMONS was rite all i needed was shank nuts,cheers mate will be sitting pretty tomorrow :).

im_andrew, May 3, 9:30am
They dont fit mate, I have tried 14" VN steelies on the front of my old vr and they didnt clear the calipers

rkauto, May 3, 10:06am
wrong pcd.trident 5x4.75 commodore 5x120
wrong offset 0+commodore 40+

by_hdt, May 3, 11:26am
I've got five colourful pieces of paper in nice wooden frames hanging on my wall, plus during the hours between 8 and 5 I am tasked with working on very expensive motor cars you have probably never heard of, let alone sat in, with systems and sub systems so complex your feeble mind could not comprehend. So yes, I believe that more than qualifies me to speak.

ali.m, May 3, 10:19pm
Well there now on the car and all is fine. . . . , would you like a photo to prove it!. . . . i can show you one of the other 14x8s that were on it before too if you dont belive.

bubbles52, May 4, 2:47am
why why why would you put old school rims on a late model, would look just as gay as the AU XR6 with 12 slots, made me sick

xacoon, May 4, 3:04am
I usually prefer more rubber than rim, not a fan of rubberband tyres, but for the record arent they actually tridens! remember looking through an old catologue once that listed them as such. horrible rims, never understood them. each to their own though I suppose

roys351, May 4, 5:27am
tridens may have been a typo never seen or heard them called that

roys351, May 4, 5:29am
yea and your right xa coon i think anything bigger than a 15 looks crap on our cars

xacoon, May 4, 5:32am
figured it was just like the amount of people that call a familia a familiar, and the last t just stuck. was a couple of different cheviot brochures I seen it in, dunno, was a while back

xacoon, Jan 11, 2:58pm
yeh might have been a pamphle of theirs