Difference btwn a hilux sr5 and standard hilux?

blackbnz, May 1, 8:27pm
Does anyone know the differences between a Toyota Hilux sr5 and a standard toyota hilux!tia

gilligan2, May 1, 8:35pm
in the new ones i think its just the options package . i.e bluetooth enabled hands free calling and audio streaming from your mobile.

blackbnz, May 1, 8:43pm
thanks just looking to purchase a 2005 hilux and its more expensive to purchase the sr5 model wondering what more i get for my dollar

boojum, May 1, 8:54pm
SR5 has the following that standard don't: chrome mirrors and door handles, different grille, chrome rear bumper, smooth sided deck, bucket seats!, better radio and I think there's more.

grangies, May 1, 8:54pm
I'm pretty sure that the SR5 models just had more accessories added when new.

EG. Plastic Guard Flares, Fancy Grilles, Colored Bumpers, and splashes of chrome or body graphics here and there, etc.

boojum, May 1, 8:55pm

blackbnz, May 1, 9:05pm
hmmm one other question does the 2005 motor have problems i remember seeing someone talking about this i think they have some known fault in the motor!

mrfxit, May 1, 9:44pm
Depends on when the common rail injection systems come in.
Very very good while working correctly, right royal pigs & frickin expensive when faulty.

phillip.weston, May 1, 9:46pm
diesels get clattery after 20,000kms or so, due to injector timing or something like that. often can be fixed with an ECU re-flash. Have seen a few rear diffs defective around 100,000kms. A supposed clutch and pressure plate issue too.

cuda.340, May 1, 9:56pm
i had an '04 hilux, it chewed thru diff seals every 9 months or so & the gearbox main output bearing was r00ted by 100,000kms. it was serviced every 10k too.

mrfxit, May 1, 10:03pm
LMFAO . & heres my 1988 Surf STILLoriginal at over 280,000kms (plus any extra km's the past owners sneaked away with)

boojum, May 1, 11:00pm
Not entirely true.05 was when they brought the new model out - around May!All 05 onwards diesels are turbo.

phillip.weston, May 1, 11:08pm
yeah new shape was beginning of 05 while the last of the old shape were being sold alongside.

bigfatmat1, May 2, 1:08am
After 20 km lol my old mans was like that new

blackbnz, May 2, 7:05am
really close to buying a hilux with 200'000k on clock guys looking for around 28000k its an o6 hmmmmam i buying trouble!

for_an_angel, May 2, 7:56am
05 had the euro 3 D4D engine. These had a issue with no ceramic lining on the injector pins so carbon was an issue on a few but it is quieter then the euro 4 engine (less diesel knock) 06-07 had the injector recall (that wasnt required ) and a remap of the ecu to work with our crap fuel, also a larger clutch and flywheel. 08 had rear wheel bearing upgrade. Late 09 the engine is working now in our conditions but lack of fuel filter changes or bad loads of fuel still see a few in for one or two new injectors.

blackbnz, May 2, 9:36am
thanks very much

mrfxit, May 2, 10:38am
SOOoooooo. now that they have just about got it right . must be about time for a completely NEW untested engine.

r15, Jan 6, 11:18am
nah thats holden that does that!