Tyre / Road Noise

afer_daily, May 2, 2:46am
the hell with the noise what about the saftey

johnf_456, May 2, 3:27am
dam good tip a cheap fix to helps stop stuff moving to.

shagged, Sep 29, 11:34pm
I have a mazda atenza wagon. It has 17" mags on it therefore low profile tyres. The car seems to make alot of road noise and of course the fast you go the louder it gets along with the different road surfaces. Does anyone know if this noise will be coming from the tyres and if were to get a new set would it make a difference! The current tyres on there are goodyear eagles

woki, Sep 29, 11:38pm
If its tyres noise then different tread pattern may fix it . It may be a wheel bearing noise tho , check wheel bearings for a noisy bearing !

sctoyota, Sep 29, 11:46pm
Could be either of those check tyres for wear if it has high and low spots on the tread chances are that will be it.

lasertech, Sep 30, 5:10am
Goodyear eagles These tyres tend to get noisy after some wear. Check how old the tyres are. A different tread pattern will help for sure but you will not elimiate it all together on that car. Go for an asymetric tyre.

lasertech, Sep 30, 5:19am
Cheap tyres The difference is though that cheap tyres and good tyre may be all fine and dandy most of the time, but its th extreme situations that a good tyre may well save your life and a cheap one just may not. what price on a life!

utwo, Sep 30, 8:02am
Mazda 6/Atenza doesn't have good sound insulation I've spent a number of hours recently researching quiet tyres myself. The Toyo TEO Plus sounds like the best bet for a family car tyre. www.toyo.co.nz There's heaps of positive reviews of this tyre on this aussie website, including feedback from Mazda 6 owners about significant noise reduction: www.productreview.com.au/showitem.php!item_id=16022

hondalova, Sep 30, 1:05pm
Check tyre pressures about 32psi is about right for most passenger vehicles.

bmwnz, Sep 30, 7:39pm
+1 for the Toyo Proxes.

joescmoe, Jan 3, 11:00am
#3 is right I have 17s and low profiles too and we thought it was the wheel bearing but upon inspection it was the uneven wear of the tyres, high and low points