Mystery warning chime - VS Commodore

200sx, Apr 27, 10:19am
I have a 95 VS Berlina wagon. On start-up I get an audible chime. Imagine a low, mid and high pitch chime. The alarm goes Low-Mid-High-High-High. And repeats every 30secs or so. However no warning lights illuminate on the dash. Gauges are fine, all fluids are fine. Car drives fine when both cold and warm. No obvious issues I can see with the way it drives. After about 5-10 minutes the chime stops, so by then the car is well and truly at normal running temperature. Have also looked at the factory manual and a few online forums, no joy. Any ideas! I'd rather not pay the local Holden dealer $80-100 for the priviledge of getting it diagnosed - have never been impressed with Williams + Adams / Team Capital Holden / Ebbett Holden in the past when I have used them. If all else fails I can always go to HMC out at Kapiti I suppose! Any suggestions appreciated.

henderson_guy, Apr 27, 10:26am
Seatbelt! Passenger seatbelt! may be a wiring short somewhere.

ginga4lyfe, Apr 27, 11:47am
it could be a faulty speed warning!

icemans1, Apr 27, 11:55am
hand brake on!

mike107, Apr 28, 12:25am
Low window washer fluid!

200sx, Apr 28, 5:27am
The chime starts immediately from turnover/standstill, and if the car is left idling without moving the chime and pattern remain the same, so I don't think it's the handbrake as such, unless a sensor. To use your sound description bigjerry, it would instead be "do DO DIP DIP DIP". Overspeed - always set at 120, so don't think its that. And presume not an airbag issue as no warning lights on the dash come on at any stage. Might have to bite the bullet and take it to a dealer. Thanks for everyones input.

dent, Apr 28, 9:40am
handbrake wont normally chime untill vehicle is moving so dont thinkl it will be that.

mike107, Apr 29, 12:13am
my 1984 Eterna HT Turbo had a little orange dash light when the wash fluid was low! Had to go to the Mitsubishi dealer to find out what the light was for! This is way back in the day 1991!

40wav, Apr 29, 12:58am
My VS ute has a chime for handbrake on, but only when moving, and the same one for low fuel, but the fuel light on the dash comes on too. Havent heard chimes for anything else. Maybe check your fuses or bulbs! Good luck, and make sure you come back and tell us what it was when you find out.

whqqsh, Dec 23, 2:46pm
a mate has the same fault on his VN Calais & I thought it sounded very similar to the overspeed warning I had in my car of same model, but Ive dicked with it & cant get it to go away either