Quads/atvs question

hitman45, Apr 28, 5:00pm
you can get them privately registered and go no more than 3 km from ur gate which i have just to go down to the river cheak mine out on car jam a8fmk or a9fmk here is what they look like #364010110 or #371670244

berg, Apr 28, 6:51pm
Google GG Quadster. Trying to see if we can get one legally rego'ed here at the moment

jgig23, Dec 6, 8:14pm
I was in germany recently and saw quite a few of these road legal and being used as commuters, more of the faster looking ones like 337935922 this one.
Is it possible to do that here and if so what licence would be needed!
Cheers

smac, Dec 6, 8:50pm
You can register pretty much anything that comes up to spec - but I doubt most of that style of ATV would meet lighting standards (and possibly noise)! Dunno. Doesn't seem overly logically to me when you consider bang for buck. You need a full class 6 (motorcycle) licence to ride it, so why not just get a motorcycle that's already up to road spec!

jgig23, Dec 6, 9:14pm
Just interested to know really, I checked the ltsa site and that was hopeless. Only thing i learnt was you have to have a car licence.

smac, Dec 6, 9:29pm
Where did you see that!

kwaka5, Dec 7, 12:08am
I doubt that you would be able to get it warrantable to have on the road. Live rear axle and all that. Kinda makes high speed cornering on tarmac very difficult. Reason they got them banned on the roads in USA

smac, Dec 22, 10:44am
Actually sorry I went off in the wrong direction there with the class 6 thing. OK to ride on a class 1 OR 6.

As above, compliance would be the issue, frontal impact etc. I wouldn't want to ride one at higher speed on a sealed road.